Did you have a BFO detector? What did you find with it?

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Dtex Tiny Tex when I was 14, 1000% better than that Relco drift box had just before it. Was finding coins left and right with the Tiny Tex then graduated to a Whites TR machine.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that was my first detector in the 80’s. Things needed to be on the surface or very close to the surface but I found a few silver rings and a lot of clad coins.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a Bounty Hunter BFO in 1975 (starter model, no visual meter, just the speaker). Mostly hunted parks and schools, with the occasional old site. Tried hunting the beach down by where I lived, but there was too much trash. Found a lot of clad and managed a few Buffalo Nickels, IHP and silver coins. Back then, finding silver coins in the early 60's and older was not that big a deal. Now you scream to the heavens when you find one!

mikefromIllinois

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2008
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-3D
Has a Frontiersman by Relco I got for my 16th birthday in 1972. Unless it was the size of a manhole cover it would not find anything. I still have it tucked away in my closet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions