URGENT! Ohio Forum Members Please Read- Police Need Help!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been contacted by a detective with the Montgomery County Sheriff, who needs someone with a Minelab GPX or GPZ machine to help them scan a yard. They need to reach down about 36" - so they need a deep machine with a big coil. This is a missing person/homicide investigation, and it is legit. If you think you can help, PLEASE contact me and I'll put you in touch with Detective Phelps - THANK YOU!

Posted in the Ohio sub forum as well.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a club there called Dayton Diggers, perhaps they have a member with the proper gear although three feet is deep for even most PIs.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a club there called Dayton Diggers, perhaps they have a member with the proper gear although three feet is deep for even most PIs.

Oh yes! Dayton diggers.

Invent4hir may also know someone.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A HUGE shoutout to Mike Haer, host of the "All Metal Mode" metal detecting podcast, in Dayton, Ohio! I contacted Mike and asked if he could help with this and he jumped on it right away! Yesterday with his help, the Detective was able to locate what she was looking for at 3.5-feet in depth! Mike's brother brought in a small digger from his company, and uncovered a body-size concrete slab in the suburban back yard. I'll post when they cat-scan or x-ray the slab.

Attachments

• 622417254.jpg
    622417254.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 092120165995HDR.jpg
    092120165995HDR.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 40

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, Terry, for the help you have provided in our area’s criminal investigations!

PS. I don’t know if this qualifies for Honorable Mention, but I am giving you a vote for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I appreciate that WannaDig3687! Just got word on Facebook from Mike:

Mike Haer Terry I apologize! The detective got back to me just a bit ago and they have determined it's a big stone. I am out detecting with Gypsy Jewels, it's her last day in town. My brother is out there today along with the detective to finish the hole they are in and if nothing there, few more spots we hit on

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol still an “A” for effort. I already put the HM in. It is still honorable that you are reaching out to try and help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread