Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By this time you could have started at one end and dug down 50 feet and sifted it out and moved the whole island. I am trying to think of just one treasure show where they actually found the treasure... Treasures are found to be sure but they are not on TV. To do that you would need to hunt ship wrecks maybe. The money is in another season not any treasure.
You have a better chance os seeing treasure on the Todays finds section here every day and its way more than Oak Island ever found.
Maybe we need to turn TreasureNet into a treasure hunting show? :laughing7:
Only if I am the host and get pay for the job.

HonkeytonkMan

Jul 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should just show reruns of Giligans Island. That show has been on 8 seasons? 8 seasons on the wrong island. Hilarious. All based off of 2 school boys tale of seeing lights on an island and a rope from a branch of an old oak tree. Did they find some more palm leaves under the 8 feet of dirt? Or some coconuts husks.

That hole story probably came from a guy trying to find fresh water on an island where there was none. Probably a Tom Sawyer. Hey Boys, want to help paint a fence, it's a blast.

Call the History Channel I got a bridge I want to sell them.

The real story of Oak Island

That was old man Griffin, wanted to put an orchard on that island right off the shore, problem though, no fresh water, dig a well, Thats a lot of work. Not knowing YOU CANT DIG A WELL ON A FIVE MILE ISLAND. SEA WATER.

Well along comes Jim Bob and Earl 2 local youths of 15 with strong backs. You know I seen some strange lights out there on that island, in the past some say Capatain Kid burried treasure out there :) Every couple weeks he probably salted the pit with palm leaves, or cocanut husks to keep the kids digging.

The funny thing is that some idiots actually dug that thing through to sea water LMAO.

Will Somebody please put a sign up above that Pit saying tribute to the monumentally stupid.

If there ever was a Kid treasure on that Island chain, It wouldn't be on that island. and it wouldn't be 200 feet deep. Personally I think the hole story of the treasure story on that island and Island chain are garbage.

Why doesn't History channel do a show on treasure discoveries?
TREASURE CHEST
Every week go out and do a show on different treasures ACTUALLY FOUND, the stories behind the people that found them, maybe a re-enactment.
That might actually be worth watching.

Or fill the PIT IN, and wait for the next round of idiots.

Or at least get your money's worth out of it, and build a shitter that will never have to be moved.

That would be a good final episode Do a re=enactment of Old man Griffin, JimBob and Earl 300 years ago, and then end the show by filling in the pit, and hanging the sign.

I give it 2 weeks before somebody starts digging out the pit.

A man’s car broke down as he was driving past a beautiful old monastery. He walked up to the drive and knocked on the front door. A monk answered, listened to the man’s story, and graciously invited him to spend the night.

The monks fed him and led him to a tiny chamber in which to sleep. The man slept serenely until a strange and beautiful sound awakened him. The next morning, as the monks were repairing his car, he asked about the sound that had woke him. “We’re sorry,” the monks said. “We can’t tell you about the sound. You’re not a monk.”

Disappointed, the man went on his way and pondered the source of the alluring sound for several years. One day he again stopped at the monastery and explained to the monks that he had so enjoyed his previous stay. So he asked for permission to spend another night under their peaceful roof. Late that night, he again heard the strange, beautiful sound. The following morning he begged the monks to explain the sound but the monks gave him the same answer as before. “We’re sorry. We can’t tell you about the sound. You’re not a monk.”

By now the man’s curiosity had turned to obsession. He decided to give up everything to become a monk, for that was the only way he could learn about the sound. He informed the monks of his decision and began the long and arduous task of becoming one of them. Seventeen long years later, the man finally became a true member of the order. When the celebration ended, he humbly went to the leader of the order and asked to be told the source of the sound.

Silently, the old monk led the new monk to a huge wooden door. He opened the door with a golden key.

The door swung open to reveal a second door, this one of silver, then a third of gold, and so on. Until they had passed through twelve doors, each more magnificent than the last. The new monk’s face was awash with tears of joy as he finally beheld the wondrous source of the beautiful and mysterious sound he had heard so many years before.

GUESS WHAT HE FOUND?

I can't Tell You, you are not a monk.

Last edited:

HonkeytonkMan

Jul 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to me that those 2 brothers have had enough of that show anyways. I think I saw about ten minutes of one of the first few episodes and 10 minutes of the last 7 years.

They seem like nice people involved just never thought the premise of the show was worth a series, let alone 7 seasons. Treasure Hunting is a tough game.

You need a vacation to Greece.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.4828772,22.5007051,41m/data=!3m1!1e3

Last edited:

jacobgosling

Jun 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
I watch very little television, but I have been following this show since the beginning. I'd like to stop, but I feel like I've already invested so much time in the project. I just can't seem to quit it...lol

If the show returns for another season, I will dutifully watch each episode to see what the team do not find or what the producers have planted in the swamp. I wonder if the brothers are really ignorant of the fact the Swamp was formally a cove that became a land-locked swamp after the causeway cut it off from the sea? Could they really believe the swamp was made by Blackbeard the Pirate or the Crusaders to hide a valuable treasure? How much money have these guys thrown away thus far?

The Curse of Oak Island is becoming a farcical comedy at this point.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cancelled ? ? ?

What a waste of 15,697 episodes already filmed and yet to air.

Was looking forward to the can of Templar peaches episode.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cancelled ? ? ?

What a waste of 15,697 episodes already filmed and yet to air.

Was looking forward to the can of Templar peaches episode.

Saw a sneak preview of that one...... Seems the peaches actually came from Winchester, Virginia, not in a Mason jar but in a K of C jar. The plot thickens......

jacobgosling

Jun 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Thus far, the only treasure leaving Oak Island are the millions that have been transferred from the Lagina brothers' bank accounts to the bank accounts of local vendors and contractors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread