Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a commercial last night for it during Gold Rush. I wish it was cancelled. That poor island can not take much more!
I do not know about the rest of you, but, I did notice many Christmas trees. Maybe one of us could purchase the island and have a tree farm.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know they won't find the treasure as I already did and spent in on Canon Cameras!

http://www.jeffpadell.com
The IRS is seeking you for not paying your federal taxes. Shame on you because I info you all, pay your taxes or off to jail you may go. Stop crying you all, I live in Connecticut where we have a state income taxes.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big Shocker is I believe the story of pirates buried the treasures in a money pit. Then the boys found the pit and the stories go on. The reasons that treasures was never founded, that too many with big machines destroy the money pit. Too many people had search for it to be untrue. If no treasures was buried, who dug out many water shifts and why?

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that show. Even if it is highly implausable that Vikings could have dug as deep as they used the machinery to do so.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: Weird. All I did was copy the link from where the op's link took me to.
Seems to only take me to the ad at random :dontknow:

I believe in CBD oil but wary of an ad that uses fake endorsements and fabricates a false back story.

Perhaps the add is set up to only show in certain areas of the country & is activated by IP's
sort of like those insurance companies that tell me there is a new rule in a small town around here
that people are happy about.
yet show a Major City like L.A. in the Picture :tongue3:

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak Island has not been canceled, it is scheduled for return early to mid 2021 due to virus. Article does indeed appear to just be an ad for CBD oil.

"(People) - In an explicit interview, two of the History Channel’s most popular personalities reveal how their "lives have changed because of CBD.". "The Lagina brothers' product, Teta CBD Oil, has been flying off the shelves within minutes and Marty says his number one struggle as CEO is being able to keep up with demand.
I am wondering who will be watching the show when it comes back, not me.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
me, cant wait,it takes me about 10 min to watch on tape. but i find the 10 min interesting. like i said before someone dug a lot of holes and tunnels for something along time ago.it what be cool to find out the why.
brad

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By this time you could have started at one end and dug down 50 feet and sifted it out and moved the whole island. I am trying to think of just one treasure show where they actually found the treasure... Treasures are found to be sure but they are not on TV. To do that you would need to hunt ship wrecks maybe. The money is in another season not any treasure.
You have a better chance os seeing treasure on the Todays finds section here every day and its way more than Oak Island ever found.
Maybe we need to turn TreasureNet into a treasure hunting show? :laughing7:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea. Where have you been? Were you given time off? You have to very carefully not to setup the mods, like me.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By this time you could have started at one end and dug down 50 feet and sifted it out and moved the whole island. I am trying to think of just one treasure show where they actually found the treasure... Treasures are found to be sure but they are not on TV. To do that you would need to hunt ship wrecks maybe. The money is in another season not any treasure.
You have a better chance os seeing treasure on the Todays finds section here every day and its way more than Oak Island ever found.
Maybe we need to turn TreasureNet into a treasure hunting show? :laughing7:

Snake Island (TreasureQuest) they Found Treasure .
They were pulling up Gold Treasures on The final Episode.

000111.jpg

though my guess their permits were immediately worthless and canceled

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other

View attachment 1865710

I never saw it so take this with a grain of salt... could they have been salted? Pawn Stars and Storage Wars appeared real but were mostly salted

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1865710

Their "finds" were as fake as the show. Just like the "remote" river and waterfall they filmed this at! It was proven to be about 100 feet away from a major road and just up river from a power plant. When they fake the "days long trek" to get there, why would they be honest in the "finds"?

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
... I am trying to think of just one treasure show where they actually found the treasure... Treasures are found to be sure but they are not on TV. ... :laughing7:
I'm a big fan of Expedition Unknown, with Josh Gates on the Discovery Channel. I think it's mostly genuine and informative.
True, he and the people he meets up with rarely find treasure - but the treasure really isn't the point of the show, as he often talks about in his closing remarks of each episode.
And they did actually find treasure related to a book called The Secret. ("The Secret Solved" - a bonus issue in Season 5. Sure it was pretty staged, but the find was real).
And in some episodes Josh has been part of real archeological discoveries, even if they aren't really the ultimate treasure that's being looked for.

If you haven't watched it, check out Expedition Unknown. (I'm in Season 7. Sadly in Season 8 they had to shift to an interview format due to the pandemic. But I hope it'll be back "normal" after the pandemic subsides, and the older episodes are great binge watching.)

Fossils

Oct 25, 2019
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m surprised that Oak Island has gone on for as long as it has. Season after season and they’ve yet to find anything legitimate. Just a load of re-hashed conspiracy theories and mumbo-jumbo.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a big fan of Expedition Unknown, with Josh Gates on the Discovery Channel. I think it's mostly genuine and informative.
True, he and the people he meets up with rarely find treasure - but the treasure really isn't the point of the show, as he often talks about in his closing remarks of each episode.
And they did actually find treasure related to a book called The Secret. ("The Secret Solved" - a bonus issue in Season 5. Sure it was pretty staged, but the find was real).
And in some episodes Josh has been part of real archeological discoveries, even if they aren't really the ultimate treasure that's being looked for.

If you haven't watched it, check out Expedition Unknown. (I'm in Season 7. Sadly in Season 8 they had to shift to an interview format due to the pandemic. But I hope it'll be back "normal" after the pandemic subsides, and the older episodes are great binge watching.)

I have been watching Josh Gates some. He does his shows from his house right now. True his adventures are good and he has proven that the people were there just not hit the treasure yet.
I like treasure hunting and think we all do. I just wish Oak Island had of been more productive. Not producing anything they plant speculation saying stuff like " Could this have been the lost so and so.Stuff like that and wild theories. Of course if any treasure was found it would end the money the production company makes. You used to see the one brother worried about money in the first few seasons. He does not seem worried anymore. Then you have the professional metal detectorist lay on their belly in a foot of water with a detector I have to change the channel.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their "finds" were as fake as the show. Just like the "remote" river and waterfall they filmed this at! It was proven to be about 100 feet away from a major road and just up river from a power plant. When they fake the "days long trek" to get there, why would they be honest in the "finds"?

I believe the Finds. Personally, I think they Drove Directly to The Water Pit & Found the Treasures.

But in order to have another Season, The Producers Set up a Scavenger hunt.
Probably Not even Through The Jungles. Just somewhere they could Create Drama.

yes it taints the veracity of the show, and hunters

But Because I Believe in Treasures, I Do believe it is Highly Possible
Research Told them there was Treasures in that Hole

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread