Closing in on 50

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not good news. But you can't get it done any sooner so keep plugging!

I'm a week away from 61.

Feel your pain, literally, as I have osteoarthritis of C-1 & C-2 and a badly degenerated disc on C-3.

But lately my left hip hurts so much I hardly notice my neck.

Sucks to get old.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Go for the Masters Degree if you can find the time, it's never to later. Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for the Masters Degree if you can find the time, it's never to later. Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

Happy Birthday, Don!

Goldilocks, go for the masters degree! So what if it takes a little longer! Besides, you're just a kid yet!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
40 year smoker here, everyday drinker approaching 60. Not on a single med. Can out do my 20 y.o. son in pushups and running.
Fell and cracked some ribs 6 weeks ago, takes a bit longer to heal anymore.

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My forties have been so complicated. Now on Tues I turn 48. I have been hoping to get a Masters in the field if Studio Art by 50. But I can't see it happening in time. I get to push out my plan to apply. Instead I get yet another MRI for my bad neck dics on my birthday.

I had my C6-C7 worked on when i was 50. When i finally went to the neurologist he did a few basic tests on me and said the pain i was having i should not even be standing lol. After that visit i was in surgery in no time. If it comes to that for you just make sure you do exactly what the doc says. With in no time at all you will feel like doing everything but you got to stop yourself and go with what the doc says, oh boy then comes physical therapy lol. Good luck.

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep the back and neck are no fun when we get older, all of our indestructible moments from growing up finally catch up to us. You are young, get your Masters if it takes a little longer so be it, all good things are worth the wait and effort.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for it. Your only as old as you think you are, (although your body might just tell you a different story) !

OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I put off the MRI just 13 days. It would have been too much to deal with tomorrow.
I have gotten through my second BA in my 40's so I am proud of that even if it took attending 2 schools on and off for 5 years half-time.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was something about turning 40. Seems like it was all down hill from there... just getting faster now. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread