Where do we go from here, is boredom a problem - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Where do we go from here, is boredom a problem

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    The Numismatist

Sep 2020
    NH, USA
    Generic
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    In NH winter shuts down alot of activity. 5 degree days are just too brutal no matter how you put it to go out, frozen dirt too is a complete pain. Fall is nice, but winter things do change

us
    Feb 2009
    West Liberty Kentucky
    Garrett AT Max
    857 times
    This is getting to the time of year I enjoy detecting the cliffs here in Elliott County. No snakes, folliage gone; can see so much more. Alot of rock shelters and old swimming holes in this neck of the woods. Good time to hunt when water is down as well.
    SusanMN likes this.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    3268 times
    For another month or two, until the ground freezes, hunting is pretty good here on shorelines. With the leaves off the bushes and vegetation dead you can get to some spots that the summer hunters canít get to. I also do playgrounds more in the fall because it seems there are fewer hunters out during that season and school playground are being refilled.
    Back-of-the-boat likes this.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ

Thomas Jefferson

us
    Sales

Aug 2013
    Steel city
    Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
    641 times
    Point is weather affects millions, daylight is a major factor of a lockdown. If I could afford to move to a warmer climate I would being that said, I’m not a couch potato and watching fake and garbage reality tv, a waste of life, I’m not sure about u folks but life to short quality life to be watching stupid reality tv, explore, walk,
    ticndig likes this.

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    2938 times
    Winter??..interesting theory
    Blak bart likes this.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    2943 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by 49er12 View Post
    Point is weather affects millions, daylight is a major factor of a lockdown. If I could afford to move to a warmer climate I would being that said, I’m not a couch potato and watching fake and garbage reality tv, a waste of life, I’m not sure about u folks but life to short quality life to be watching stupid reality tv, explore, walk,
    Do you have a work shop ? you sure sound like you'd enjoy one . projects done out in the shop with a fire in the stove, some nice music and you're preferred beverage within reach. and just do stuff , make something , fix something . I'm going to build a solar collector this winter to help heat my home . I also spend a good deal of time doing scrap metal art. Don't let winter rob you of 3 months every year. find something , hunting ? fishing?
    SusanMN likes this.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    14066 times
    Metal Detecting
    To everything there is a season.

This time of year - harvest the last of the garden. Sharpen the broadheads for archery deer season. Till under the old plants and add some limestone and peat moss to the garden. Get ready for making sauerkraut. Harvest the horseradish and grind it up just before the ground freezes in November. Winterize the boat and store the kayaks in the barn. Maybe sneak in a few trips to the lake on the warmer days - good fishing in the fall.

Hunt deer and grouse.

Cut, split and stack firewood for next year.

Homebrew a few batches of beer (easier in the winter because roasting and boiling the grain heats up the kitchen and you can set the wort outside to cool before pitching in the yeast).

Snowshoe & cross-country ski.

Tie up some flies for next spring & summer.

Fletch up arrows if needed.

Cast some lead balls for the muzzleloaders. Reload centerfire ammo for target shooting and hunting. Shoot targets or just plink.

Then before you know it the ground is thawing and you can detect (and plant the next garden and start over).

PS - if you are bored get yourself an Airedale Terrier. You can NEVER wear one out with fetch or just tromping in the woods or miles on a leash-walk along the road. They will always be up for, or up to, something to keep you on your toes. ;-)

Silence is golden. With an Airedale it's suspicious.
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Sep 30, 2020 at 01:13 PM.
    ticndig and Blak bart like this.
    Political correctness is facism pretending to be manners -- George Carlin

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    2943 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I also do a lot of what Charlie mentions except my garden gets no winter rest here in zone 7 . turnips and mustard are doing good , spinach , lettuce and radish was planted this week .I plant garlic at the end of November . What's not growing are the weeds and insect population. always something to be done living in the country.
    Charlie P. (NY) likes this.

us
    beachcomber, treasure hunter, fisherman

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    Mine lab primary fisher secondary
    38669 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipperfla View Post
    Can’t wait to get to the backcountry and inshore exploring, no skeeters and no-see-ums! Just around the corner. Have all sorts of trips planned I couldn’t do in the summer. My favorite time of year in Fl.
    Me too brother !!
    wahoo caught in bahamas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links