Excuse me when are we going to have some questions other than

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look I may ask questions but at least they are of such information pertaining to significance in the hobby. Example what detector is the best, did you hear this, or what coil is best, To much babbling. Maybe there should be a more serious forum for curious minds that actually can advance the subject to another level Let’s educate folks but most questions have been ask numerous time. I enjoy reading topics, but not national enquirer type news Offer something of significance so we can learn why and if not what’s your favorite color. I’m no expert but if you eliminated much of this jargon the site would be smaller, thankyou

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one enjoy the different answers you get each time the questions are asked.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate you to, I’m not the most educated person needless to say, however my life consist of observation asking Oder folks respectfully they simply been alive longer, I love information that matters, no harm meant but information is priceless thank you all for helping me

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of on topic forums and even sub forums here , This one is called General Discussion . that means almost ANY TOPIC.
I'm sure if you look you can find something to stimulate your intellect.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks best wishes in your finds, im always interested, I get many magazines , American digger, Smithsonian, popular science etc. I wish I could create a coil but I’m not an engineer or computer minded,

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Look I may ask questions but at least they are of such information pertaining to significance in the hobby. Example what detector is the best, did you hear this, or what coil is best, To much babbling. Maybe there should be a more serious forum for curious minds that actually can advance the subject to another level Let’s educate folks but most questions have been ask numerous time. I enjoy reading topics, but not national enquirer type news Offer something of significance so we can learn why and if not what’s your favorite color. I’m no expert but if you eliminated much of this jargon the site would be smaller, thankyou

Couldn't agree more with you. General Discussion is more Facebook like than what I thought it was supposed to be.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 40

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do wander off a bit on this board. The metal detecting board stays on the detecting topic more of the time.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it's hard to concentrate when drinking my Old Frothingslosh, the pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom that glows in the dark. I submit there might be some of that going on here from time to time. Post # 50,305..... What's the best detector? grin

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a drink on me and be safe, thanks

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what i know and if i tell you what i know i become irrelevant so dont ask me ,but i am always right

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like my T2 because it’s got a green shaft. I’m not crazy about the red of my vanquish, though. Why do they charge $200 more for a cool camo model? Usually my detecting questions are more technical but why not looks?

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
49er12, it could be because there isn't one answer to the questions. It just isn't that black and white so discussions deviate a bit. For instance, even if we determined what the best detector overall might be it might not suit those that have difficulty with the weight of this miraculous detector or they can't hear it very well for its tones. Now some might say the best detector can hold a spare beer. Go with the flow and try to read what you might like to read.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate everyone input yes I do

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Yeah, man, I can dig it"

Old term from the beatnick/hippie days, hahahaha

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

49er12 when I first found this site I lurked around and read posts and then I learned how to search the threads and find the info I wanted. I see the same questions getting asked year after year, many topics have been covered numerous times over the years, there is so much info already written in previous threads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread