speed control the 12 volt motor

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i need to find a speed control for my dry washer. ive tried most of the junk on ebay, i just tried a heater switch with 3 speed.it was to far between speeds,i need something like a volume switch.needs to be 12 volts. hoping someone can help.i will also post in the dry washing thread.
thanks brad

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i need to find a speed control for my dry washer. I've tried most of the junk on ebay, i just tried a heater switch with 3 speed.it was to far between speeds,i need something like a volume switch.needs to be 12 volts. hoping someone can help.i will also post in the dry washing thread. thanks brad

Hi Brad,

What you need is a 12v rheostat that can handle the current of your
drywasher motor. This should handle the job nicely.

https://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Salon-Wirewound-Potentiometer-Rheostat-Resistor/dp/B012S844AS/

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
looks good ,thanks brad

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brad has the solution! :occasion14:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If for some reason that doesn't do it for ya, in a pinch Dremel tool speed controls will work. Just gotta change the motor to a plug end. "If all else fails cheat!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread