Why hasn’t Garrett made upper level machine to compete with others

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts are at pro and apex etc are fine but with minelab and notka makro leading the way, xp deus also but much more expensive. My question is they either do better with mid level machines and not interested in a higher end or they can’t produce due to cost are they America made. Regardless entry level and mid level are fine but why don’t they have a higher level machine, anyone know why. Appreciate the input. My only 2 machines to be honest are the whites dfx which is my second machine due to the simplex , unbelievable only one frequency but for the cost it’s updatable and quality made. I’m trying to understand the industry as a whole. Cost vs quantity units they project to sale is the hobby in decline. Whites is out of business why not have a high end machine just one, if not they might be squeezed out to soon, thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread