Is this ok
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    MartyNC

Oct 2007
    North Carolina

Is this ok

I'm wandering does this hurt the coil, or keep it from picking up. I dont really think so, but I'm no MD expert. I cant see buying a cover, to make it look pretty longer. Most of the scrachs are just scuffing the surface, and not deep gouges. I try not to bang it around on big rocks. So I guess if it damages it latter on, maybe I can get a 9x12 coil. But I'm not rich, so I dont play on upgradeing it any more thanthe rain/dust cover that I bought for my ace 250.

If I upgrade it will be to a minelab.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ace 250 coil.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	166510  

us
    Feb 2005
    Menominee, Michigan
    T-2,
    7 times

Re: Is this ok

those scratches wont hurt, could get a coil cover, i dont like covers they tend to pick up sand an can mess with your detector, so if you get one dont forget to take it off and clean it at times
    where's the good stuff

us
    Still in Basic Training

Aug 2007
    Southern AZ
    Minelab X-Terra's, they are the BEST......
    1 times

You can never go wrong with a Minelab.

Jul 2007
    Missouri
    Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
    1 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Hi Marty:

I don't like coil covers either. Here is a little trick you can do to protect your coil and help with wet grass. Clean the bottom of your coil with armoral every time you go out hunting. This will protect plus make your coil slide in the grass really smooth. You will be suprised how easy the coil moves in wet grass(no drag at all). I also use it on my digging tools and dirt doesn't stick. \\Keep on diggin

Les

Feb 2007
    SE Kansas
    Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
    3 times

NO! Thats not OK! You need MANY MORE scratches on the bottom of your coil. You obviously havent been swinging that metal detector enough. 8) I have this XLT that I have owned since before christ was born. Never had a coil cover and never has the coil failed. The bottom is worn smoth...........No problem with the scratches.

Jul 2007

no worries, just keep an eye out and make sure no gouges go all the way through the coil, water will get in and cause havoc

Oct 2007
    Eudora, Kansas
    Minelab X-Terra 50

I think that is not hurt with scratches on the bottom of the coil. I see the dealer, who have a lot of used metal detector and I checked the bottom of coil where it have a lot of scratches, too. Many people still buy it anyway.

Richard

Jan 2007
    Punta Gorda FL
    EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
    1 times

go to Home Depot and get some lock tite marine epoxy and coat the bottom with that. It will save your coil and you wont have to worry about dirt getting under the cover

um
    Feb 2007
    Please don't yell !
    10 times

Same as above but a small can of rhino lining will work even better.
    http://www.thegoldenolde.com

us
    MartyNC

Oct 2007
    North Carolina

Thanks yall, those are some good pointers, and I'll keep all of that in mind. And keep swinging them coils, I know that this one shure will. Have a goodern yall. I'd tell Andy hawdy for youins but he dont come round much these days.

us
    Jan 2007
    Beach Hunter ID 300
    3 times

coin finder , Here about the coil cover, I Just went to my Dealer to say hi a Guy came in and wanted to buy a new (coil) &.. a COVER, the dog was in car and (CHEWED) up his coil............... so if I was you I should buy a cover.. 8) 8)

Sponsored Links