Drones, anyone use a drone for metal detecting purposes
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By 49er12
  • 3 Post By Hepplewhite Explorations
  • 1 Post By 49er12
  • 2 Post By smokeythecat
  • 1 Post By Flipperfla
  • 1 Post By Flipperfla
  • 1 Post By 49er12
  • 1 Post By dts52
  • 1 Post By Flipperfla

Thread: Drones, anyone use a drone for metal detecting purposes

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sales

Aug 2013
    Steel city
    Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
    641 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Drones, anyone use a drone for metal detecting purposes

Just curious anyone scope out new places via air, drones can be helpful flying and viewing at home. It’s definitely a different perspective looking at things from the air. Yes I no there’s google earth or whatever, but you can get real time views of woods, lakes etc. I’m sure someone uses them , tell me about your experience, thanks

ca
    Oct 2019
    Langley, BC
    Garret AT Gold
    68 times
    Prospecting
    yes, we use them for prospecting and detecting.. Easier to spot small clearings etc with new growth trees where homesteads and building might have been.
    Plus allows us to fly into areas with what appears to be buildings on google maps, and confirm!
    1637, SusanMN and Back-of-the-boat like this.

us
    Sales

Aug 2013
    Steel city
    Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
    641 times
    May I ask what type of drone and any particular maps that work best for you,I’m considering all factors
    Back-of-the-boat likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    31760 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I haven't used one but it's tempting if you're on a big field and want to spot bricks and such without walking 5 miles.

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /Garrett pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger
    5050 times
    I have watched a prospecting video on here where they use a drone to scope out up river and I imagine it really helps with finding easier routes along jumbled boulders along a river to get to good spots or see if it is passable.
    back of the boat

us
    John

Dec 2018
    Fl.
    Garrett
    270 times
    I use a GPS Drone in our travels. Fits in the palm of my hand or my shirt pocket when folded up. Sure beats bushwhacking through mangroves and heavy brush or hard to reach areas to check out potential locations. 4K video and still shots load right into my iPad. Push a button it takes off, push another button it “comes home” and lands, I can load in a route by bringing up google earth or topos on the iPad marking the waypoints by the touch of my finger, it will take off, fly the route at what altitude I want then return home and land. It also does “follow me” and will circle a location at any diameter and altitude you load in. One thing you have to watch if some of them get out of radio range they get lost and fly off to never never land. If you want to get a good laugh watch some of the best drone crashes on YouTube. If it is over a certain weight it has to be registered. Don’t even get me started on LiDAR.
    Last edited by Flipperfla; Oct 12, 2020 at 06:34 AM.

us
    John

Dec 2018
    Fl.
    Garrett
    270 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	469D585A-98EE-4A1D-B264-AC7D076D370B.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	381.9 KB 
ID:	1870707

us
    Sales

Aug 2013
    Steel city
    641 times
    Nice setup looks like a Dji mini, you able to use iPad for viewing instead of phone, lightweight no registration required, thankyou
    Flipperfla likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Bear cub whisperer

Jun 2015
    NW CT
    Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer Vibra-probe / TRX pp
    1832 times
    MD & NA artifacts, pull-tab recovery
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipperfla View Post
    I use a GPS Drone in our travels. Fits in the palm of my hand or my shirt pocket when folded up. Sure beats bushwhacking through mangroves and heavy brush or hard to reach areas to check out potential locations. 4K video and still shots load right into my iPad. Push a button it takes off, push another button it “comes home” and lands, I can load in a route by bringing up google earth or topos on the iPad marking the waypoints by the touch of my finger, it will take off, fly the route at what altitude I want then return home and land. It also does “follow me” and will circle a location at any diameter and altitude you load in. One thing you have to watch if some of them get out of radio range they get lost and fly off to never never land. If you want to get a good laugh watch some of the best drone crashes on YouTube. If it is over a certain weight it has to be registered. Don’t even get me started on LiDAR.
    I love LIDAR !
    dts
    Flipperfla likes this.

us
    John

Dec 2018
    Fl.
    Garrett
    270 times
    I like Gaia premium mapping, dozens of overlays and Google Earth. The case the iPad is in, incorporates a Garmin GLOll gps for the pad and a Verizon hot spot for Internet so all mapping is in real-time and live drone video feed. The case also has a 26800mAh battery pack for portable use or connects to any accessory jack. The Chartplotter/Sonar in the Skiff has the CHIRP sonar technology, super impressive! It’s like looking at 3D, bottom resolution and detail is unbelievable.
    dts52 likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links