Best Detecting Channels on youtube? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Best Detecting Channels on youtube?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    40811 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I like the Ones where they Don't Talk Fast Like a Crooked Used Car Salesman , And Wave their Camera Around Wildly.
    I Turn those off Fast.

I Prefer the ones That realize Slow is Better. & show those Trash Finds.

If it looks like Every Dig is a Colonial Coin or Relic, I Get Bored.

Sorry I rarely Pay attention to Names of the Hunters,
    So I can't drop Names.

I do Remember seeing one by the Hoover boys Last Night at a Possible Fur Trade Post in a Field.
    Too many Green Large Coins in a Row.

At the end they showed the Pile of Trash they also Dug.
    It did Disappoint me they didn't Mix those digs in to show reality of a supposed days hunt

OH & The Lying in the Titles ! a Total Ripoff, when they say "The Police didn't expect us to Find this"
    and when you watch the Video & The Police stopped by To say Hi & Just asked them if they had any Luck
    So they showed them all their Trash

Total Scam to get Viewers !
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Oct 15, 2020 at 06:37 PM.

us
    Jun 2020
    Nova Caesarea
    108 times
    Colonial & Revolutionary War period militaria, artifacts and ephemera +!
    CC: jeff of pa, smokeythecat

'Stealth Diggers' seem to find an equitable volume of trash and treasure. One of the more popular detecting channels seems to excavate Museum Quality finds every time they step into a cow pasture or wade into a river. No names of course. But I enjoy seeing the items and experiencing the drama; genuine or cinematic. It's all a learning experience. You wouldn't like 'my' channel if I had one. I'd have a stroke or collapse from excitement every time I found a lousy tombac...lol

JG
    A discussion is not a discussion when it begins and ends with '1' opinion.

Dec 2003
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    40811 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    lol
    smokeythecat likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    31949 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Re: trash Sometimes its the site you're on. My one site from long, long ago produced coins, Rev War marked buttons (2), F&I buttons (5), a cannon ball, a couple dozen grapeshot and over 1,000 round musket balls, the only "trash" was horseshoes, broken plowshares, parts to spring harrows and wadded up old aluminum foil "balls" from someone's lunch. Another - several Rev War marked buttons, of course most were of the dog food variety, the only trash was a few pop tops and new(er) fired bullets or casings, my one current CW site has produced a couple plates, busted artillery rounds, Yankee buttons, only "new" stuff was a few Lincoln cents, some pencil erasers and cans left by other diggers from long in the past. The most surprising sites (3 of them), well, my farmer friend let me dig and out came CW stuff - good stuff, no one thought to look before. Another great spot was not too far away - Confederate buttons and all the hardware to a McLellan saddle! TONS of small bits of aluminum and an occasional whole or nearly whole aluminum can. Gotta dig them, they sometimes sound like plates. Third place - my friends literally "bought the farm" and the Yanks chased the Rebels right through the place, and apparently someone camped there. Plates, hat badges, coins including gold, bullets, some buttons and the last find this spring was a cut off ramrod, the time before my friend dug a grapeshot! Only one!! And all three places had very little trash (except for that one little spot on site #3 that breeds aluminum cans, but its a small area)! It's marvelous when it works out that way!

us
    Jun 2020
    Nova Caesarea
    108 times
    CC: smokeythecat

I've never felt any great interest in the Civil War. The Civil War digs are safe from me. Colonial and Revolutionary War artifacts and ephemera are my passion. I've been an historian, genealogist, writer etc. for a long time, but I've only recently become a collector. Hopefully, I'll begin detecting next Spring, and the purists here on TN will get off my back...lol

I am surprised at how obsessed I've become with Colonial and Rev War buttons. I grab everything I can. However, I do have a little self-control. Some sellers are a little too optimistic about what their wares are worth. In reality, an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. One seller begins an auction at $1.99 and another at $250 for the same button, same condition.

I cant imagine how anyone is willing to part with a Continental USA button, or British Fifth Reg. of Foot button (not that I've ever seen one for sale). But I'm grateful they are. I'd never sell anything I've acquired. But Smokey probably felt the same way when he was 40 years-old.

I love learning about history. But I also love living with history. I like 'old' things, and I'm willing to pay for them or 'dig' for them.

JG

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    2756 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm with Terry, I've long ago turned my back on the guys always finding sensational items for obvious reasons and I barely watch any anymore unless I get a new machine and, as you say, you can get a good jump start on features and techniques watching a few vids.

I do like "She Detector", fairly knowledgeable and hot too, I think she has reached the point where manufacturers are sending her free stuff to review, but her reviews seem to the point and honest and feature more on the use of the machine than "OMG, go out and buy this right now !" that you'd half expect from people getting free stuff.
    Also like "Nora Svet", another knowledgeable and hot detector chick, she nearly exclusively water hunts and seems to go all around the world doing it. Mixes in drone footage of some fairly exotic places, and always shows the bad with the good.

us
    Jun 2020
    Nova Caesarea
    108 times
    CC: Xraywolf

Thanks for the tip. I'll check out those 'hot' detector chicks for sure!...lol I'm new to the world of detecting, so I haven't had time to grow jaded, bored or disillusioned with any of these youtube detector guys.

P.S that bug in your profile pic is really annoying!...lol

Best regards,

JG
    Last edited by jacobgosling; Oct 16, 2020 at 10:47 AM.

us
    DiggerKid

Jul 2014
    Spotsylvania VA
    Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
    919 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    I watch a lot of them and I guarantee you, having done video editing and cinematography on motion pictures, the kind you can BUY, a lot of what you are seeing is faked. I won't mention any specific channels of course, but my favorite was where the guy dug a shiny buffalo nickel about 6" down. I watch them for entertainment value. LMAO

I agree, check out a channel called “gold and relic hunter 1958” if you want a laugh.
    Never stop hunting

us
    Dec 2018
    FL, OK
    Whites TDI Beach Hunter Equinox 800 XP DEUS
    735 times
    Have my own channel. Metal Detecting with CZKidd. I agree. Seeing some guys finding 2-3 rings per outing. VEddy, veddy suspicious. Last few outings I barely got enough clad to make a vid.

Dec 2003
    40811 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I Honestly Don't remember my Record for Rings in one Outing, But I had 1 Year where I Know I Found Several Gold Rings
    in one Outing and over 100 rings (Gold , Silver & Junk) in one spot While Hunting a WW2 Era Through 1960's Swimming Site.
    I was confident of several gold and silver rings daily. I didn't find them Daily, But I did find them allot !
    because as the water was drained out, I would be there early and hit the new ground first.
    there are spots, but I doubt some of these youtuber's simply because it's obvious they want clicks.
    and it seems only people like me like seeing members have a "regular" day out.
    Maybe a Few Clad Coins & a ton of Trash . and Occasionally a Piece of silver or Junk ring Works for me.

Hitting Rings, Silver & or Gold every spot They go to.
    No Way, I Don't believe it ! The Curse of Gold is Real !
    I never find it now.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Oct 18, 2020 at 06:06 AM.
    jacobgosling, CASPER-2 and Czkidd like this.

us
    Jun 2020
    Nova Caesarea
    108 times
    I use an Adblocker. I do not have an account and never sign in. If a youtube channel (even 'I' know the top suspects!) is seeding a site with 'finds' to get my 'click,' they are wasting their time. If you want my money, sell me something interesting on ebay or elsewhere. I don't care if you dug it, or found it on a display table at the Sheboygan International Button and Coin Collectors Expo.

JG
    Czkidd likes this.

us
    Jun 2020
    Nova Caesarea
    108 times
    CC: Czkidd

I'm a budding detectorist. I am anxious to detect the bottom of the Mill pond adjacent to my property. So I enjoyed your (very brief) video.

I felt like I got my feet a little wet. Our pond is shallow, so I won't be Deep Sea Diving and up to my neck in water like you were in this video.

However, I was disappointed that you didn't find George Washington's teeth or Joseph Smith's Golden Plates. I'm going back to that other channel that somehow never fails to deliver...lol
    Man, that GoPro seems to be battling you every step of the way...lol

P.S. I did just watch two other longer videos: Lake Gold, and Lake Hunts & Gold. You find a lot of rings.

Regards,

JG
    Last edited by jacobgosling; Oct 18, 2020 at 10:03 AM.
    Czkidd and eyemustdigtreasure like this.

MKW

Feb 2020
    Coastal SC
    ML Vanquish 540
    309 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I like the videos from "Square Nail Squirrel"

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    31949 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Jacob, NOW is the season for detecting, NOT the spring. In your neck of the woods, the yellow jackets are just now starting to die off. NOW is the time. There is something about the cooling of the soil that helps the machines find stuff. We will be starting here next weekend. Most of February is a bust, but hey, that's February. Each season has its separate trips. Relic hunting starts now. It will go to May 1 or so when the planting is done. Then it's up north to a Rev camp with Indian artifacts for me. Then it gets too hot and the fields there are planted also. So in mid summer its a few weeks off then back to the local beaches to get back in the swing of things, and a few more weeks till now - when prime digging season starts.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Oct 18, 2020 at 06:59 PM.
    ticndig likes this.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    17468 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    not the best but lots of nice finds - older vids have lots of gold & silver
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9z...D_Gglsg/videos

some good reading if youre bored (double click pages to enlarge for easy reading)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-2/
    jacobgosling likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links