coffeecup

Greenie
Oct 11, 2020
OKlahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm enjoying reading the threads here on TN and was surprised & saddened at the White's news. My last major detector was the DFX which I should have never let go..
-
Now I'm in consideration for a new machine and am hoping for suggestions. Is there a machine that will allow me to adjust the settings like my old one did?
-
Hopefully I'm posting in the correct area. thanks to all..

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All kinds of machines out there these days depending on your checkbook. Even though White's is out of business, there is a company called Centreville Electronics in Virginia that will continue to repair them.

I still have a Tesoro Cibola and Tesoro is also out of business. Lots of folks have good things to say about their Vanquish machines and the XP Orx and Apex.

Higher priced would be the Equinox series and XP Deus. Lots to choose from. I always tell folks to try to "test drive" one at a dealer's if you can find a local dealer anymore.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A lot of new machines since the DFX (I just sold mine). I would research the different machines mentioned on this forum and see which one suites your style, area and pocketbook. Good Luck on you detector search. :icon_thumleft:

CrapOla

Feb 10, 2020
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too had the DFX it finally kicked the bucket. I replaced with the AT pro which I enjoy and have no complaints

OP
OP
C

coffeecup

Greenie
Oct 11, 2020
OKlahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Suggestions. I'll do just that and start looking at the different models..
-
I had been looking into the Garrett AT line. They seem rock solid and have a good following. I'm in no real hurry and will see where the process takes me. Thanks

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you miss buttons and controls the Blisstool V6 is the right one for you, CTX 3030, Deus, Nox and many more are more diplay/menue oriented, Nokta Invenio comes with its own portable computer.... there is many to choose from. There is entire line of professional detectors, such as Lorenz Z1 with abundance of settings and controls.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your quest!
I use an AT Pro and it serves my style of hunting just fine.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You own a Tesoro, so my suggestion is to continue using it as your Go-To detector, and continue searching for THE Best Detector Out There, as your main machine...! ....Actually, there are many out there, so start watching videos on folks using the models you've been looking at, and hear their unsolicited remarks on Performance and Limitations, so that can help you decide which one to buy.
I've been looking at the Nokta Simplex and the Minelab Equinox 600. Note that I already have a relic machine and gold machine, but neither machines are water-proof - I need at least Weather/water-Resistant...!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting...!
oh, and Welcome to this Forum....! :hello:

OP
OP
C

coffeecup

Greenie
Oct 11, 2020
OKlahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like Craigslist has helped me make up my mind and only a couple of hours ago at that. I spotted an ad for a -NIB Garrett AT Max- ..Sure enough, it's new and everything seems to be present and accounted for including the Z-Link wireless headphones..
-
I guess the wait is over as I will be learning what looks like a nicely manufactured detector. I've just now assembled it and the batteries are in good shape..
-
Thanks for the suggestions and input

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread