Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had many a good hunt with my Whites Blue and Gray. Heavy as a boat anchor and plenty of knobs. I sold it years ago when downsizing my collection.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but Garrett is buying the rights etc. so will probably see some detectors there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I also received the message from Whites. It appears Garrett has purchased the ability to make and repair machines. I look forward to see how the combination of companies panout! :hello2:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got that message from Whites tonight. . . lots of good memories with my first Whites detector, an XLT.
I had bought it at a sporting goods store (begging the wife for her blessing) while visiting my in-laws in Omaha and spent that evening reading the instruction manual.
Next morning I hunted my father-in-laws back yard and pulled this up. . . a clad quarter wrapped in a note, from my son, who buried it the night before. I was wondering why the family was watching me dig.

Eric's Joke.JPG

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heard, Garrett bought Whites, we will see what comes from it

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are the times that try men's souls.

Last edited:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still have my White's 6000D Coinmaster. 14 batteries! Lots of good memories with it when I lived in town. It looks huge sitting next to my nox800. Gary

coffeecup

Greenie
Oct 11, 2020
OKlahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used an Eagle Spectrum and then the DFX, and enjoyed them both.. Yes it will be interesting to see where this goes with Garrett acquiring them..

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago, I worked at a local factory. During the 17 years that I worked there, they changed owners 4 times. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. After I left they eventually began outsourcing a lot of products to China. They eventually closed the operation here and moved to Puerto Rico and left all their employees here without a job.

As odd as it seems for Whites to be acquired by Garrett who was their rival competitor, I'm very glad that they are remaining in American hands. I hope the Whites employees are taken care of, as they are the ones who this will affect the most.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread