vinnywop

Oct 9, 2020
Stafford, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for some help. I am interested in a carbon fiber shaft for my NOX800. Looking at the Steve's or Detect-ed shafts. However, it's not so much the weight savings I am interested in. I have a minelab detector bag and have to separate the top and bottom of my stock shaft to fit the detector in the bag. Does anyone know if either/both/neither of the Steves or Detect-ed carbon shafts will allow me to just collapse the shaft to fit it in the bag or not? Appreciate any help. Thanks and happy hunting.

troutbum

Sep 14, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXt 505, Tesoro Sand shark, Whites coinmaster pro. Tesoro Compadre.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a detec- ed red shaft. I never take mine down. But first, the lock system is great, like on an Italion racing bike wheel lock. pretty fool proof. #2 there are no sliding lock pins to slid in shaft holes, so ypu might be able to slide the bottom shaft into the top shaft. Measure your bag, go to the detect -ed web site and get the measurments for the top and bottom shaft. I bought mine from Big Boys Hobbies. Go to there web site and ask Bart these questions, he's a great guy to deal with, and knows alot about what he sells. good luck. Oh , I liked the detect ed over all the other shafts way better. Steve's, Anderson. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
V

vinnywop

Oct 9, 2020
Stafford, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info and thanks very much, I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Steve of Steve’s detector rods will work closely with you to provide exactly what you want. I know this because he did so for me. Product is excellent he helped me with my customized 600 which had a folding mechanism ( fold and go). The lever locks will allow you to separate the shaft in two halves but be sure the repeated doing so will not wear down the ends.

OP
OP
V

vinnywop

Oct 9, 2020
Stafford, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More great info....appreciate the feedback!

troutbum

Sep 14, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXt 505, Tesoro Sand shark, Whites coinmaster pro. Tesoro Compadre.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two shafts mentioned are great. You can't go wrong with either one. I didn't like the Andeson shaft at all for the Nox.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread