SOOOOO !

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i'm mosyen along minden my own business and outa the corner of my eye i see that derned coin machine again. and i'm getting closer and closer and i'm thikin to myself do i feel lucky punk. no ! no i sure dont. and then i hesitate and i start thinkin just how much covid 19 could be on that coin slot. and then i think again that there could be silver coins in there though ! oh what the heck. so i sticks my fingers in and twingles em around. and this is what comes out. 1026201047-00.jpg you dont see anything. well thats what came out. so i had to go wash my hands for nuthin. well i had to tend to some other business in there anyway. so much for luck again. toodles

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People in my town are too cheap to even leave a penny

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had to look. It's like when, back in the day, there were these things called pay phones...I always felt compelled to check the change return slot....always....

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had to look. It's like when, back in the day, there were these things called pay phones...I always felt compelled to check the change return slot....always....

One time when I was a kid back in the early 70s I found $1.35 in nickles and dimes in one lump sum in one of those payphone coin slots--man I felt like I hit the lottery! :treasurechest: Another time I opened and looked into one and saw that some *sshole had filled it with Yoo Hoo chocolate drink. The kid I was with (my friend) was shorter than the payphone--so I said "go ahead see if there's anything in there" and he started twingling his finger around in the Yoo Hoo whle I LMAO :laughing7: Still pretty funny when I think about it! :tongue3::laughing7:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you are just compelled to check those return slots out! Yup!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have one machine, in our town, and it’s directly in the line of sight; of one cashier. I’ve never seen so much empty.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to check, even now. My avatar civil war penny was from a coin return, mixed in with a few odd pieces of modern change.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
People in my town are too cheap to even leave a penny
no ur just really unlucky. havnt u heard that expression the early bird catches the worm / well u just were'nt early enuf. oh well better luck next time.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
One time when I was a kid back in the early 70s I found $1.35 in nickles and dimes in one lump sum in one of those payphone coin slots--man I felt like I hit the lottery! :treasurechest: Another time I opened and looked into one and saw that some *sshole had filled it with Yoo Hoo chocolate drink. The kid I was with (my friend) was shorter than the payphone--so I said "go ahead see if there's anything in there" and he started twingling his finger around in the Yoo Hoo whle I LMAO :laughing7: Still pretty funny when I think about it! :tongue3::laughing7:
well a little yoohoo isnt going to kill ya. now if it was hoohaa. now thats somthin to be feared

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
It pays to check. I wasn’t a big believer until a little while back I made a random check of a CS in a large store and hit the jackpot, thirty some silvers. The coins spilled onto the floor as I was on my knees scooping. The silver bug inside me overcame any embarrassment I felt over being a grown man on knees picking coins up from the floor! My wife and daughter hightailing it out of there as fast as they could.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A funny story from a few years back. The coin counting machine at the grocery at that time was one that had a little door that you had to push in to check if anything was left behind. Could be quite unpleasant but this particular time I could barely get it open it was so full of coins. I started to take some out and it was just like a waterfall of coins pouring out and onto the floor. I had to quick grab a grocery bag at which point I had a bit of an audience as I picked them up off the floor and out of the machine. A total of $23 plus. Nothing silver or old, just either a machine malfunction or someone who didn’t care and left them behind. I was half expecting someone to come up and ask if those were my coins but they never did.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, it's in our blood!
I saw a shiny quarter laying right at the entrance of a busy store and I guarantee many saw it but left it due to covid.
Didn't have to think twice about that and picked it up.
At least I was wearing a mask! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions