Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I just got permission to hunt a really early shipwreck site... it's a bit of a drive but I'll tell ya it's still here in the Great Lakes. Old silver, cannonballs, and other things like that have been found in the general area in the past. At the beaches near where I live (Lake Erie) there's a dry sandy area farther from the water, a pebbly area, and finally as you get into the water, instead of sand or fine pebbles there are cobble-sized stones. Where should I search first? This might be a stupid question but I've never done much beach hunting and I don't know any of the tricks. Is it a wild goose chase? Will big old heavy items just wash out or sink down in the sands? I think jewelry hunting would be simple enough but I'm looking for things that will have been tossed and turned in the sand for a long time. ANY advice for hunting at the beach would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance! I never cease to be amazed by the knowledge and experience of some of the folks on here.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that no one responded. I would try again on the Beach and shallow water board. There is also a board, I think, for shipwrecks.

OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018
volusia county
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Beach Hunter ID, Surf PI, 6000 SI Pro. tdi beach hunter, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm a Mi native, If I was up there I wold love to check that out. Have you taken any pics? or recovery's?

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw your first post, but only had jealousy to add to the list! And you are a little too far away to bum a ride. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions