Question on Treasure
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By operamaxi59
  • 3 Post By Vermont treasure hunter
  • 3 Post By Jason in Enid
  • 3 Post By Charlie P. (NY)

Thread: Question on Treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2020
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Question on Treasure

So I'm about to start DM'ing for a group of friends on Roll20, and I just had a question about end-of-module treasure. Spoilers below for DDAL-07-05, the end of The Jungle Has Fangs Trilogy.

At the end, it lists the Venom Queen's headdress and her bangles, but do they still get that if they don't loot the body? The module says right when she's dead that the place starts to crumble around them and enemies start appearing. Should they have to loot or do they get that regardless at the end of the module? The body has a magic item on it too, so I was just curious if this was loot they could miss out on.

Thanksusps tracking showbox speed test
    Last edited by operamaxi59; Nov 13, 2020 at 12:23 AM.
    Honest Samuel likes this.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    3072 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have no idea what you're talking about , maybe someone who does will understand .

us
    Jul 2020
    Vermont
    An old radio shack, simplex
    255 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I think they are talking about D&D or dungeons and dragons. It is a Role playing game. operamaxi59, I do not know if you know what this site is about.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2016
    FLA
    776 times
    Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Cat-like reflexes with a sloth-like brain

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /Garrett pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger
    5265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont treasure hunter View Post
    I think they are talking about D&D or dungeons and dragons. It is a Role playing game. operamaxi59, I do not know if you know what this site is about.
    I used to play D&D and that isn't anything to do with that, I can't figure what he is talking about either.
    back of the boat

us
    Jul 2020
    Vermont
    255 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back-of-the-boat View Post
    I used to play D&D and that isn't anything to do with that, I can't figure what he is talking about either.
    He said he was DMing. That stands for dungeon master so I think they are. Roll 20 is also an online site that is meant for D&D

us
    Oct 2014
    florida
    5369 times
    Maybe he is confused about which is which...is he DMing or is he MDing.

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    9217 times
    Dont smoke meth before joining a forum to ask about the thing the pink elephants told you.
    SeabeeRon, gunsil and DizzyDigger like this.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

us
    Sep 2004
    central Texas
    29 times
    now thats funny

us
    Jul 2020
    Vermont
    255 times
    Banner Finds (1)

us
    Sep 2019
    Olympia, Washington
    Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy) Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
    147 times
    Ahh my first treasure hunt. Imaginary treasure with dice and a rule book!

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    14172 times
    Metal Detecting
    So I'm about to start DM'ing for a group of friends on Roll20, and I just had a question about end-of-module treasure. Spoilers below for DDAL-07-05, the end of The Jungle Has Fangs Trilogy.

At the end, it lists the Venom Queen's headdress and her bangles, but do they still get that if they don't loot the body? The module says right when she's dead that the place starts to crumble around them and enemies start appearing. Should they have to loot or do they get that regardless at the end of the module? The body has a magic item on it too, so I was just curious if this was loot they could miss out on.

Thanks
    This is obviously a coded text. I think you need an icosahedron, a bag of Cheetos, extra-large sugar-loaded carbonated beverage, and access to a card-table in your parent's basement to decode it.
    gunsil, ticndig and KANACKI like this.
    Political correctness is facism pretending to be manners -- George Carlin

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    1325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    Dont smoke meth before joining a forum to ask about the thing the pink elephants told you.
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

us
    Bob

Jun 2020
    Illinois
    White's XLT
    124 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hello, I am a DM (Dungeon Master) that also metal detects to find treasure IRL. This is likely not the place you meant to ask the question but I will help in any way I can.

The books, modules, and rules are to aid in the process of playing the game. That being said, whether they have an opportunity to loot the Venom Queen (VQ) is up to you, the DM, and not the module. You could put a 5 min delay on the temple decay and say: 'The temple is slowly crumbling and in the distance, down the dark and dank halls of this forsaken tomb, you hear a great deal of noise rapidly approaching. You only have a brief amount of time before more enemies arrive.' Another thing to consider is if they are packed to the gills with magical items already and if the items give greater powers then they can wield responsibly. If so, then don't give them the chance to obtain said items or reward them in some other way through an NPC that benefits from the fall of the VQ. More than likely, as most of the people on this forum can sympathize with, if there is a cool shiny thing hidden away somewhere then your players will do whatever they can to obtain it. In my personal experience, players will often loot the body before it has even hit the ground.

Just adjust the module to whatever makes sense, is fair, is consistent with prior DM rulings, and works in your group. You get to decide what treasure they get and how, you are the DM.

Sponsored Links