Long lost silver mine behind a Kentucky cover-up? Something is going on, but what?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree35Likes
  • 10 Post By Kray Gelder
  • 3 Post By gemee
  • 5 Post By GoDeep
  • 5 Post By Singlestack Wonder
  • 2 Post By GoDeep
  • 4 Post By ticndig
  • 1 Post By IMAUDIGGER
  • 1 Post By GoDeep
  • 3 Post By cw0909
  • 1 Post By AARC

Thread: Long lost silver mine behind a Kentucky cover-up? Something is going on, but what?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2020
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Long lost silver mine behind a Kentucky cover-up? Something is going on, but what?

The Mountain Parkway (HWY 15) in Kentucky has had its westbound lane closed months ago. This is a major roadway into Eastern Kentucky. This is not some simple county road by any stretch of the matter. Months ago a hole appeared in the westbound lane of HWY 15 and after road crews did an evaluation, they closed this section of highway indefinitely. A hole appeared in the west-bound section of the highway. It was beyond deep, it could not be filled with any amount of water in an attempt to determine the depth and breadth of the hole.

A notable detail about where this road anomaly occurred is the fact it is exactly at the crossroads of two different counties. Powell and Wolfe county Kentucky. Why is this important?

The Swift Silver Mine is a lost mine of amazing riches of legend with a long documented history. Many artifacts and evidence of historical significance has been found in this area. More importantly, direct evidence of centuries old mining has been found within hundreds of feet of where this anomaly has occurred. While historical documents support the validity of the Swift Silver Mine, geological evidence has often debunked it. Except for one possible exception, "A Geological Strike". This is often an ancient remnant of a volcanic event or a cosmic event, for example, a meteor strike from a meteor with very rich precious metals. At least in this example. Either way, something is happening here.

It doesn't make sense that a major roadway is closed for months and there is ZERO evidence that any work is progressing. A few things are certain at this point. 1) The hole in the road cannot be filled with water. 2) Any attempt to get details on the situation from local authorities is met with a solid wall of silence. 3) No information of the work being done to resolve this issue can be found, zero communication. 4) A large number of independent Silver Mine seekers have determined this is the general location of the mine according to all accounts.

Folks, something is afoot here. Whether it's treasure, or simply a huge new cave discovery, it's something. Major highways don't shutdown indefinitely because of a huge pothole or simply a sink hole. BTW, sinkholes are extremely rare in this part of the state. This is Eastern Kentucky, not Western Kentucky. In the west they have the Mammoth Cave system creating all sorts of chaos. We don't have that here in Eastern Kentucky.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    10395 times
    Metal Detecting
    I checked on your claim of a bottomless pit. The highway reopened on Oct.23. It was a sinkhole, and was refilled. Here's a pic of it being filled in October. Maybe your information source should be reconsidered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sinkhole.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	1879286

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

The Bald Eagle photo...he/she posed for me, gave me it's best American look. I felt privileged to get the shot.

us
    Jul 2004
    California
    134 times
    ((((The sound of crickets))))

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1526 times
    As Kray said, it was a sinkhole. That is common in a Karst region. Also, i've never heard of road crews using water to determine the depth of a hole as big as you describe. You can either laser measure it, or lower a measured rope in or rappel in and take measurements or even shine a bright light in to estimate it's width and depth. Bringing in countless tanker trucks trying to fill it is as quirky as your story as the water would just drain and leach out the bottom of the hole, especially in a Karst region.
    Now we know how treasure legends start....
    Last edited by GoDeep; Nov 15, 2020 at 09:35 PM.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    767 times
    Was waiting for someone to say it was a tunnel leading to the money pit on oak island....
    Rebel - KGC, Crow, Plazz58 and 2 others like this.
    My AT Pro finds more “treasure” in a single hour than all of the treasure ever found on oak island...

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1526 times
    Anyone know the motivation of these hit and run posters? He hasn't even logged on in the 3 days since he posted his one and only post to even see the replies.
    ticndig and Noah_D like this.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    3072 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    What was being pumped in was most likely flowable fill . a very wet cement to fill all the voids with no need to compact the material in lifts like you would with gravel. pumping plain water will do nothing but make the sink hole worse. It is common practice to fill these voids with flowable fill.

I too wonder about the one and done posters who stop in here , often with outlandish claims of treasure .

Mar 2016
    5072 times
    What good would fantasy treasure legends do here?

Lost silver mine...government cover up....hmm...the stuff of legends. Only thing better would be gold.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Nov 16, 2020 at 11:00 PM.
    ticndig likes this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1526 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ticndig View Post
    often with outlandish claims of treasure .
    Yes, this too...always sensational claims. I have a theory that some are existing members who create new profiles so that the claims aren't tied to their "real" profiles.
    ticndig likes this.

Dec 2006
    2660 times
    no gov cover up, the water pumped in was to see if the hole extended
    to the eastbound lanes, several vids and story @ link
    https://www.wymt.com/2020/07/23/moun...l-county-line/
    GoDeep, ticndig and Kray Gelder like this.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    72290 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Was waiting for someone to say it was a tunnel leading to the money pit on oak island....
    SO THATS where the flood shaft originates.

AND that's why the tunnel has been flooded.
    Kray Gelder likes this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links