Jesse James was he a true villain or history misleading us again
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree24Likes
  • 4 Post By 49er12
  • 2 Post By Kray Gelder
  • 2 Post By 49er12
  • 4 Post By RGINN
  • 2 Post By Kray Gelder
  • 2 Post By metrotec
  • 1 Post By metrotec
  • 2 Post By TheCoinKid
  • 2 Post By metrotec
  • 2 Post By ArfieBoy
  • 1 Post By Kray Gelder

Thread: Jesse James was he a true villain or history misleading us again

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sales

Aug 2013
    Steel city
    Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
    711 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Jesse James was he a true villain or history misleading us again

My curiosity will never end folks because I truly care about real history. I’m from western Pennsylvania so I’m out of touch with the time and era unfortunately. Being that said I no it was easier to rob and fake identification back then compare to the world of today. So my question is why would his death be faked other than obvious. Did he work for the confederate states , did he rob to support another effort to win the civil war and return the southern ways and why is this so hard to figure out. I’m not interested in more videos of fact or mostly fiction. 200 years can be proven for most part, anyone can clear the history. Anyone care to put facts forward I would appreciate it
    Last edited by 49er12; Nov 17, 2020 at 11:00 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    10427 times
    Metal Detecting
    Aren't there photos of his very dead corpse?
    ArfieBoy and Rebel - KGC like this.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

The Bald Eagle photo...he/she posed for me, gave me it's best American look. I felt privileged to get the shot.

us
    Sales

Aug 2013
    Steel city
    Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
    711 times
    Gee I’m not sure, years later it’s still controversial, so where’s the truth, can we not come to conclusions is the truth to much to ask for, sounds like the typical bull crap we are in today, the truth is very hard to come by, is that just history or are some conspiracies really just cover up. Gee I’d wouldn’t want to say American never lied or covered up certain historical events, oh no America never lie. In ending that’s the problem we believe crap smells good. I ask you to prove the truth 100% and We can live with that THE TRUTH, thankyou
    Rebel - KGC and ArfieBoy like this.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    8185 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I believe he died when history says he did. He robbed for himself and nobody else, and probably blew through all the money. I was talkin to Elvis the other day and he agrees with me. Still, I enjoy hearing the alternative theories.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    10427 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 49er12 View Post
    Gee I’m not sure, years later it’s still controversial, so where’s the truth, can we not come to conclusions is the truth to much to ask for, sounds like the typical bull crap we are in today, the truth is very hard to come by, is that just history or are some conspiracies really just cover up. Gee I’d wouldn’t want to say American never lied or covered up certain historical events, oh no America never lie. In ending that’s the problem we believe crap smells good. I ask you to prove the truth 100% and We can live with that THE TRUTH, thankyou
    When do you decide you're looking at the Truth? On a subject such as Billie the Kid, why would there even be a conspiracy? He was just a punk, psycho thug, who received his just reward. The Kennedy story, is a conspiracy that has some meat on the bone, for example.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

The Bald Eagle photo...he/she posed for me, gave me it's best American look. I felt privileged to get the shot.

us
    eye man

Jan 2020
    East Tennessee
    Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
    137 times
    He was KGCH. Died in 1929? I think, in Texas. Saw a black & white with some older Civil War solders, and he was in the pic. History was never written TRUE by the winners. Losers were always ignored.
    Been that way since writing began. The South NEVER wanted to invade any state, the firing on Ft. Sumter was a excuse for the North. We wanted our independent country CSA.
    That's All. I say we, I'm Southern and had 2 G-G grandfathers fought for the South. One from TN, other from GA.both died in early 1900's.
    Most books were written glorifying the North. BS
    Kinda like politics today. The Press will numb your brain, and make you start thinking they are right.
    "Give me one generation of your children, and I'll rule the world"

us
    eye man

Jan 2020
    East Tennessee
    137 times
    Krey Gelder is wet behind the ears. Billy became who he was, because the politicians killed his boss, who he dearly admired.The rest is history, as told by some, not all.
    I talked to rocks once upon a time when I drank a lot. Made sense to me at the time, then I turned 17 and grew some. (knowledge)
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Apr 2013
    Texas
    320 times
    If you haven't already read "Jesse James Was One of His Names", by Del Schrader, you should give the book a shot. Lots of good info. I read it, but it was probably 25, or more, years ago.
    Last edited by TheCoinKid; Nov 20, 2020 at 05:24 PM.

us
    eye man

Jan 2020
    East Tennessee
    137 times
    Very good read there CoinKid, one of many books, plus some good old papers in (small) western libraries. The USA is very different from the Interstates, vs 2 lanes and dirt roads.

us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100, Compass Judge 2,
    1430 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RGINN View Post
    I believe he died when history says he did. He robbed for himself and nobody else, and probably blew through all the money. I was talkin to Elvis the other day and he agrees with me. Still, I enjoy hearing the alternative theories.
    Tell Elvis "Hi!" for me!

us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100, Compass Judge 2,
    1430 times
    When well known people die, there is a segment of the population that just refused to believe they are dead. Consequently the start making up and stating theories about why they are not dead and how they lived to be an old age... completely unknow to the public, except for a few friends or family.

Hell, RGINN himself was just talking to Elvis!
    Kray Gelder and Rebel - KGC like this.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    10427 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by metrotec View Post
    Krey Gelder is wet behind the ears. Billy became who he was, because the politicians killed his boss, who he dearly admired.The rest is history, as told by some, not all.
    I talked to rocks once upon a time when I drank a lot. Made sense to me at the time, then I turned 17 and grew some. (knowledge)
    Are you saying that because you like me? Wet behind the ears means I'm like a young, inexperienced, immature, unseasoned youth. I'm none of those. I have tried to stop talking to rocks, but they keep popping up here. I stand by my statement on poor ole Billy.

Oh, just FYI, there are tons of books, written about your side. The South lost, like 155 years ago, you should consider moving on. I had distant relatives fight on both sides.

I don't even remember 17. I'm pretty sure I was there.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links