Can you hear me now? Help for those with Tinnitus

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: Scroll down to message #9 in this thread for a more effective video. Worked for me like in five seconds.

I have tried several remedies for Tinnitus and most just left me saddened after having been promised relief. One guy was selling his cure which was sound recordings and I bought it. Soon after I got the recording he started emailing me with all sorts of other remedies. I realized his stuff was no good and these emailing were an attempt to distract from this fact. Of course it did not work and I really did get depressed over it. So I gave up.

Anyway I happened on a you tube video think it was nine hours of sound recording supposed to mask the tinnitus. I listened for about an hour in the background and got zero results. So I turned it off. Then the you tube videos started appearing and I ignored them. Then I saw one that just caught my attention. I was reading the comments and some people really liked this one. So I figured I had nothing to lose and I clicked on it. Yeah, it is a bit sharp on the ears but soon I noticed some improvement. I don't expect anything to work completely but anything is better than what I have. So I hope this helps someone. I just run it in the background and click on a new tab so I can still browse the internet while listening. Oh yeah, there are side effects. Now I can hear my wife calling me to do chores. LOL

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had tinnitus since 2017 when dr changed blood pressure meds, once ringing started I checked and one of the side effects was tinnitus. Only took new med for about 10 days before stopping, ears still ringing.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a constant high pitch ring,at times it changes to a low pitch in octaves back to high,I just live with and hear through it.

GOD Bless

Chris

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d have a nurse look in your ears to make sure they are not impounded with wax.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done wax removal no help. I bought some stuff supposed to help tinnitus, some drops to put in your ears. No work. Flushing my ears with warm water helps for a short time. The squirter bulb came with the ear wax removal drops. Be gentle with whatever you do. That bulb can put a lot of pressure if you are not gentle. Even this first video I posted it helped for a bit but mine is back. I read the comments said keep the volume down below the tinnitus level.

I like Dr. Mandell. He is constantly putting out you tube videos on his channel motivationaldoc

Last edited:

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
The fundamental issue with recordings masking the sound is that the ringing you are hearing with tinnitus is not the same frequency for everyone. It has to do with the cilia that are damaged if your ear and the frequency they are tuned to respond to. So the sound that may mask it for some people won’t work for others. You would have to find the opposite frequency to that which is ringing in your ears. Like active noise cancelling headphones except they would have to be adjustable to a specific Frequency as the microphones in the headphones obviously can’t hear your specific ringing as that isn’t even real sound, just your brain “hearing” it as a response from the damaged cilia in its death throes.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
You could probably figure it out yourself with a good set of headphones and an adjustable tone generator.

There are also specific drugs marketed to knock out some forms in tinnitus though it won’t fix the damaged hearing, it is supposed to stop the ringing.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tried this one from the same group as the first video. With headphones (pretty much required to get the effect and you need to put L on left ear R on right ear) my ringing stopped in about the first five seconds. Don't know if it will last.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Having Bi-lateral Meniere's Disease, I have roaring tinnitus in
both ears on a daily basis..it is relentless, and although it will quiet
down some at times, it never stops.

Had a surgery back in Jan. '09 where they intentionally severed the
vestibular nerve (nerve between brain and the ear), and then packed
the inner ear with a powerful antibiotic in order to kill off any remaining
nerve cells. In short, that ear is connected to nothing in my brain..it's
deader than Custer's pecker...BUT, I still have tinnitus that sounds like it's
coming from that ear.

In other words, the tinnitus is neurological..it's in the hearing processing
part of my brain, not coming from the inner or middle ear. Based on that,
I believe tinnitus is an electro-chemical reaction that takes place in the
brain.

If you're a person who has tinnitus, one way to keep it quieter is to
reduce your salt intake. Sodium acts like a volume control, and the more
salt in your body, the louder the tinnitus. Pizza makes me miserable,
but once in a while I'll eat it anyway and just suffer the consequences. eating-02.gif

Signal Line, I believe there were some high-pitched tones in that
video, but I sure couldn't hear them. If you want to determine the
frequencies of your tinnitus, you can use this site:

https://www.soundrelief.com/tinnitus/sounds-tinnitus/

At the bottom of the page are the various sounds..and at times
I get them all. Currently (right now) I'm hearing #'s 2, 3, 4 and 8.

For all of you that deal with this nightmare on a daily basis, you
have my sympathy. I've tried so many "wonder cures" without success,
and am now at the acceptance stage..accepting that it is simply
an massive irritation that I have to live with, but it won't kill me.

Last edited:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
DD and that's how it is
it is in the head, nothing to do with the ears
mine is pretty much constant at 800 cycles, seems a low nunber but the tone sounds 'high'
have read some on the subject but there seems no universal cure

I once bought a fancy cesium mag and after extensive conversations with the mfgr, Geometrics, was going to send it in for repair. I happened to notice that with my head turned 90 degrees I heard something. Doppler shift while turning, amazing. The mag was fine.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I;ve had tinnitus since 1971, from working in a noisey factory. It was so bad, I failed the hearing test during the Vietnam War draft physical. I'd had it for so long I don't even notice it.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having Bi-lateral Meniere's Disease, I have roaring tinnitus in
both ears on a daily basis..it is relentless, and although it will quiet
down some at times, it never stops.

Had a surgery back in Jan. '09 where they intentionally severed the
vestibular nerve (nerve between brain and the ear), and then packed
the inner ear with a powerful antibiotic in order to kill off any remaining
nerve cells. In short, that ear is connected to nothing in my brain..it's
deader than Custer's pecker...BUT, I still have tinnitus that sounds like it's
coming from that ear.

In other words, the tinnitus is neurological..it's in the hearing processing
part of my brain, not coming from the inner or middle ear. Based on that,
I believe tinnitus is an electro-chemical reaction that takes place in the
brain.

If you're a person who has tinnitus, one way to keep it quieter is to
reduce your salt intake. Sodium acts like a volume control, and the more
salt in your body, the louder the tinnitus. Pizza makes me miserable,
but once in a while I'll eat it anyway and just suffer the consequences. View attachment 1880486

Signal Line, I believe there were some high-pitched tones in that
video, but I sure couldn't hear them. If you want to determine the
frequencies of your tinnitus, you can use this site:

https://www.soundrelief.com/tinnitus/sounds-tinnitus/

At the bottom of the page are the various sounds..and at times
I get them all. Currently (right now) I'm hearing #'s 2, 3, 4 and 8.

For all of you that deal with this nightmare on a daily basis, you
have my sympathy. I've tried so many "wonder cures" without success,
and am now at the acceptance stage..accepting that it is simply
an massive irritation that I have to live with, but it won't kill me.

Yes, I have heard similar accounts. Just curious if you listened to the Neuromodulation video (post #9) to see if it has any effect?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brothers,I feel for you all,I got it,had it for a long time and the worst thing for me is other folks treating you like s--- because you have to ask them what they said.I really get tired of having folks yell at me just because I ask them to repeat what they said.I usually lean in to catch what they say only to be blasted by a full volume yell.Not every one does this but often enough to grow tiresome,and yes I have hearing aids,from the VA,but they just seem to magnify the noise along with the speech.Oddly enough,out in the woods they seem to work better for hearing bird calls,animal sounds and such.I always advise anyone I know who works around loud noises to please wear ear protection,you,ll be glad you did if you live to retirement age!Best of luck to you all,I know whereof you speak.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had it for many years. Mine is a high pitched ringing. I've had it so long, I've just grown accustomed to it. Every now and then if I'm not really doing anything and its quiet, I focus on it. I use a home medics sound machine set for 30 minutes to lull myself off to sleep at night. If I didn't use that gadget, I'd go nuts laying in bed.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife woke up one morning and had ringing in her right ear after a few days of not going away she went to the doctor and he diagnosed it as tinnitus so she put up with it and tried different remedies with no success. After approximately 9 months of this she woke up one morning and the roaring was gone! Along with her hearing in that ear! Yep completely deaf in that ear. Now she has too wear a hearing aid in that ear. All the doctors said was that it was odd it only happened in one of her ears instead of both.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have had it so long I accept it as permanent. It sounds a bit like the buzz of cicadas in August only higher pitch. Haven’t had a hearing test in 50 years or more. No hearing aids I think I hear alright.

I wonder if hypnosis could help you just ignore it. It’s a bit like any noise you can tune out even though it’s there loud and clear.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I was eleven years old I had a severe case of the mumps that left me deaf. I did however have severe tinnitus. Eventually I got most of my hearing back in my left ear but my right ear has been deaf ever since and the tinnitus has been a constant reminder of that episode of my life. I'm convinced it's nerve related as nothing helps relieve it.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends of mine have had great success taking GABA. They first went and had any wax buildup removed by a doctor. Then they started taking 1 chewable (below recommended dose) GABA lozenge and noticed a big difference in reduction of ringing/buzzing, ect. after about 3 weeks.
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread