COVID-19 Not Going Away Any Sooner - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: COVID-19 Not Going Away Any Sooner

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2014
    101 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi All! Thank you for your responses.

Lucky for that our hobby can be done solo. I just feel sad for those who do not have much choice but to stay at home.

Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    After 10 months I now know a few that have been sick. My younger brother, two sister in-laws, two nephews and my elderly mother in-law recovering from cancer and has Lupus. All tested positive for corona, all have recovered in a few days, symptoms were sniffles, scratchy throat, bit of a headache. If I didnít know any better I would say it sounds like a seasonal illness.
    I'm sorry to hear that, but it's great to hear that they all recovered. Maybe it's not that big of a deal like ebola where you will deteriorate or what. From the sound of it, it really is just like seasonal flu. I read this one article about taking care of post-covid patients. Thought it might help. Search Results for ?Stories of Recovery From COVID-19 Patients?

Though I'm not sure if you still need it. You might be referring to it a long while back.

Take care you guys!

I haven't stopped detecting since this Covid started. The only way I allow it to affect me, is if I want to go somewhere that is closed because of it. Otherwise, its life as usual.
    mikefromIllinois likes this.

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5365 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    My opinion is that 250,000 may have died from it, but 249,000 were either elderly or had a pre-existing condition that made it worse (obese, high BP, diabetes, etc.). They used to mention that fact early on, but now they just have fun posting the numbers every day. I stopped watching CNN because of that. We really don't need to see the numbers posted on the side of the screen every day. Give it a rest...

us
    Aug 2007
    Lawton, OK
    Teknetics T2
    54 times
    250K people sounds bad, but what of the 600+K that die from heart disease? 600+K from cancer?
    mikefromIllinois likes this.
    SFC in the Army, back in Washington
    Remember a gold pan is like marijuana, the gate way drug to an 8 inch dredge!

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    698 times
    Let me see if I understand some of the ideas here. You are happily enjoying your life in spite of the fact that your are over 70, or have high blood pressure, or are overweight - then somebody shoots you. The killer’s lawyer argues that his client isn’t REALLY guilty - you were “sick” anyway?

Isn’t that pretty much the point of all this about pre-existing conditions?

And as far as the X hundred thousand die every year from disease Y - so what’s the big deal? You may as well argue that everyone ever born will die so why bother with medical care or prevention and treatment of disease!
    Last edited by Rick K; Nov 20, 2020 at 02:10 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3704 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    250K people sounds bad, but what of the 600+K that die from heart disease? 600+K from cancer?
    Well, you might be confusing some folks by asking them to use rational thought.

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1592 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    My opinion is that 250,000 may have died from it, but 249,000 were either elderly or had a pre-existing condition that made it worse (obese, high BP, diabetes, etc.). They used to mention that fact early on, but now they just have fun posting the numbers every day. I stopped watching CNN because of that. We really don't need to see the numbers posted on the side of the screen every day. Give it a rest...
    This is an illogical argument, though it tries to appeal to logic. 60 percent of the population is clinically obese, and another 30 percent of the population has other underlying conditions such as asthma, diabetes, dvt, heart diesease etc.

Saying it only effects "those who are obese or those with pre existing conditions" means about 90 percent of the population over 30, which is just about every single one of us on this forum.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Nov 20, 2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

Nov 2020
    5 times
    OT, but you got me with that insectile GIF - big time. Nearly put a dent in my screen...

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33906 times
    CDC Data Shows High Virus Survival Rate: 99%-Plus for Ages 69 and Younger, 94.6% for Older

The U.S. Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) recently updated its estimated Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) parameters to include age-specific data showing the vast majority of people who contract the Chinese coronavirus survives.
    CDC’s new IFR estimates broken down by age are part of the agency’s September 10 update to its “COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios.”
    Based on the “Scenario 5: Current Best Estimate” for the IFR, Breitbart News confirmed the updated age-specific survival rates: 0-19 years old, 99.997 percent; 20-49 years old, 99.98 percent; 50-69 years, 99.5 percent; and 70 years old or older, 94.6 percent.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...4-6-for-older/

Kray Gelder and newnan man like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1592 times
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Another illogical "appeal to logic" argument. To compare is a false equivalency. 600K dying from heart disease is an unacceptable number too, it doesn't make 250K death from some other cause any less tragic nor should it make it any more acceptable. These false equivalency type arguments only make you feel better.

It also ignores context:

For example, if i told you that a foreign dictator was going to wage war on the United States and 400K of our citizens would die, we'd be outraged beyond belief and consider that completely unacceptable! We'd never say, oh, no big deal, no big loss, because 600k die from heart disease! BTW, thats not a fictitious number, thats US approximate deaths from WWII (400k).
    Last edited by GoDeep; Nov 20, 2020 at 03:03 PM.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

Nov 2020
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick K View Post
    Let me see if I understand some of the ideas here. You are happily enjoying your life in spite of the fact that your are over 70, or have high blood pressure, or are overweight - then somebody shoots you. The killer’s lawyer argues that his client isn’t REALLY guilty - you were “sick” anyway?

Isn’t that pretty much the point of all this about pre-existing conditions?

And as far as the X hundred thousand die every year from disease Y - so what’s the big deal? You may as well argue that everyone ever born will die so why bother with medical care or prevention and treatment of disease!
    How about you test positive for COVID-19 with no symptoms, subsequently someone shoots you in the head, and your death is tallied as COVID-caused. I have seen nothing to suggest that has literally happened, but plenty to suggest that deaths are being attributed to COVID-19, solely on the grounds of a positive test result, that would almost certainly have happened in the same time frame if there was no COVID-19, and in any other year would have been attributed to heart disease, pancreatic cancer, etc. I also see suggestions that people who are asymptomatic, or have recovered from COVID-19, are being tallied as new "cases" when they produce a positive reaction to an antibody test. And then those "cases" are frequently cited by the hyperventilating, click-hungry media as "patients" or "sufferers". The fact that a test shows the probability that you were once exposed to the organism that causes a particular disease does not make you a "patient", a "sufferer", or even a "case".

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1592 times
    Quote Originally Posted by udon1nano View Post
    How about you test positive for COVID-19 with no symptoms, subsequently someone shoots you in the head, and your death is tallied as COVID-caused. I have seen nothing to suggest that has literally happened, but plenty to suggest that deaths are being attributed to COVID-19, solely on the grounds of a positive test result, that would almost certainly have happened in the same time frame if there was no COVID-19, and in any other year would have been attributed to heart disease, pancreatic cancer, etc. I
    I've heard this too, that if they have a dead patient and they test positive, they can attribute it to Covid, though i don't think it's some "deep state" plot. I'd venture that the majority of physicians are weighing the evidence of how they died, along with the positive test, to make an informed decision.

Also, i've read that in poor areas, where people have died at home, with no medical treatment sought, are being underreported. So it may even be a wash.

Lets face it, the medical community isn't perfect. They don't get everything right. But the majority are working hard to preserve lives and serve with integrity. But what we see nowadays, with the advent of the internet is, to find a flaw in something, no matter how small, and then use that as a basis to dismiss it all in its entirety.
    SeabeeRon likes this.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    3080 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    people who don't take good care of themselves should not be shocked when they die young.
    MANY health issues can be avoided with proper diet ,rest and exercise.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3704 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    Another illogical "appeal to logic" argument. To compare is a false equivalency. 600K dying from heart disease is an unacceptable number too, it doesn't make 250K death from some other cause any less tragic nor should it make it any more acceptable. These false equivalency type arguments only make you feel better.

It also ignores context:

For example, if i told you that a foreign dictator was going to wage war on the United States and 400K of our citizens would die, we'd be outraged beyond belief and consider that completely unacceptable! We'd never say, oh, no big deal, no big loss, because 600k die from heart disease! BTW, thats not a fictitious number, thats US approximate deaths from WWII (400k).
    Trend say we are prosperous during war. I’m against war of any kind. Fight is against an invisible enemy in which we shut down an economy as defense.
    worldtalker likes this.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    3080 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I thought for sure it would go away on Nov- 4th.
    GoDeep and SeabeeRon like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links