COVID-19 Not Going Away Any Sooner - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: COVID-19 Not Going Away Any Sooner

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33906 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Why shut down a nation's economy over a virus with 99% survival rate.

Updated age-specific survival rates by CDC.

0-19 years old, 99.997 percent
    20-49 years old, 99.98 percent
    50-69 years, 99.5 percent
    70 years old or older, 94.6 percent.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1592 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post

I'm not sure how it is in Florida, but here in Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota, many of the ER's and ICU's are at or near capacity. One of their fears, isn't just COVID, it's that this drain on their resources is now effecting the resources, and timely treatment and survivability of other emergencies, such as heart attacks, car wreck injuries, etc....

So it isn't all about Covid itself, even if survivability of it rises to near 100 percent, the resources necessary to achieve that can overwhelm the ability to properly and effectively care for other emergencies.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Nov 20, 2020 at 03:59 PM.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3704 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    I'm not sure how it is in Florida, but here in Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota, many of the ER's and ICU's are at or near capacity. One of their fears, isn't just COVID, it's that this drain on their resources is now effecting the resources, and timely treatment and survivability of other emergencies, such as heart attacks, car wreck injuries, etc....

So it isn't all about Covid itself, even if survivability of it rises to near 100 percent, the resources necessary to achieve that can overwhelm the ability to properly and effectively care for other emergencies.
    I’m curious, when you were at the hospital, if you noticed, how many people were in ER?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33906 times

Not that way here in Florida, as of today Florida's ICU bed capacity is at 71.69% full.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1592 times

Also, i agree, it's a shame this has to effect the economy. It's too bad we couldn't have all been on board from the beginning with a national plan, with testing of everyone and contact tracing for those who were infected. By testing everyone, it would have allowed us ALL to continue to work, go to the movies, etc. We'd know who is infected and could isolate them for treatment, leaving the rest of us to go about our daily lives.

Did you know there is still 6 billion appropriated for testing that has gone unused?! Most states are still not even on the same plan. It was/is a hodge podge or reactionary half measures with half the population believing its some deep state hoax, and the other half thinking the sky is falling. It's why effective leadership is so paramount to the well being of a country, no matter the crisis it may encounter.
    SeabeeRon likes this.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1592 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    I’m curious, when you were at the hospital, if you noticed, how many people were in ER?
    Er's don't have long term treatment, they triage out but ICU's at Fransiscan Skemp, in LaCrosse, Wi and at Gunderson Lutheran, also in Lacrosse, Wisconsin, are at max capacity and looking for beds and putting overflow in surgical, they also accepted 4 critical condition covid patients from Madison which is completely overwhelmed too. This is directly from my wife (ex of 6 years), an ER Registered Nurse of 25 years at Franciscan Skemp in LaCrosse Wi.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Nov 20, 2020 at 04:26 PM.
    SeabeeRon and pepperj like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    24735 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    I went several times to the ER this spring and summer,got right in and got right out,not a soul in site either time.
    T.C. likes this.

"We are not designed to rule over others, nor to have others rule over us. We are meant to be ruled only by God."

"A good person is ruled by the law of his heart, but we must have external laws to protect the good people from the bad people."

​The Key...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D-RjlJ6vWw

​My Photos.....https://www.viewbug.com/member/alwayslookin

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    24735 times
    Er's don't have long term treatment, they triage out but ICU's at Fransiscan Skemp, in LaCrosse, Wi and at Gunderson Lutheran, also in Lacrosse, Wisconsin, are at capacity and looking for beds. This is directly from my wife of 6 years, an ER Registered Nurse of 25 years at Franciscan Skemp in LaCrosee Wi.
    Any idea what the percentage difference is from the 'normal flu' season for beds?
    T.C. likes this.

"We are not designed to rule over others, nor to have others rule over us. We are meant to be ruled only by God."

"A good person is ruled by the law of his heart, but we must have external laws to protect the good people from the bad people."

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    24735 times
    Also, i agree, it's a shame this has to effect the economy. It's too bad we couldn't have all been on board from the beginning with a national plan, with testing of everyone and contact tracing for those who were infected. By testing everyone, it would have allowed us ALL to continue to work, go to the movies, etc. We'd know who is infected and could isolate them for treatment, leaving the rest of us to go about our daily lives.

Did you know there is still 6 billion appropriated for testing that has gone unused?! Most states are still not even on the same plan. It was/is a hodge podge or reactionary half measures with half the population believing its some deep state hoax, and the other half thinking the sky is falling. It's why effective leadership is so paramount to the well being of a country, no matter the crisis it may encounter.
    We have one setting in that office now.
    T.C. likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    33906 times
    We should have never shut down the country to begin with for a virus that has a survival rate of 99%. I can't go into the political aspects in this thread as it is not in politics forum so I will just say some people have and continue to use the virus to spread fear for political reasons.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1592 times
    We should have never shut down the country to begin with for a virus that has a survival rate of 99%. I can't go into the political aspects in this thread as it is not in politics forum so I will just say some people have and continue to use the virus to spread fear for political reasons.
    In my opinion, the country was never truly on shutdown. Some half-measure pseudo lock downs, but most businesses were allowed open.

During the 1st "Shut down" , which was stricter here in Minnesota then most states, I was still able to go shopping at Walmart for batteries for my pinpointer, stop of at Scheels to get some new hiking boots, stop by the park and metal detect and then grab a burger after and then swing by the liquor store on the way home for some Neflix and tasty beverages. Hardly what i'd call a true shut down. "Non essential"(whatever that means) businesses like movie theatres, nail treatment salons,bars, fitness gyms etc were closed, but most businesses were open. That doesn't mean some didn't suffer though, that is true.

People nowadays are pretty much snowflakes and entitled (to clarify, i'm not saying you are), just in general, they wouldn't know what true sacrifice is. My daughter thinks true sacrifice is going without her phone for a few hours!

I'd imagine in Florida, there was even less of a "shut down" then here in Minnesota.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Nov 20, 2020 at 04:52 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    33906 times
    In my opinion, the country was never truly on shutdown. Some half-measure pseudo lock downs, but most businesses were allowed open.

During the 1st "Shut down" , which was stricter here in Minnesota then most states, I was still able to go shopping at Walmart for batteries for my pinpointer, stop of at Scheels to get some new hiking boots, stop by the park and metal detect and then grab a burger after and then swing by the liquor store on the way home for some Neflix and tasty beverages. Hardly what i'd call a true shut down. "Non essential"(whatever that means) businesses like movie theatres, nail treatment salons,bars, fitness gyms etc were closed, but most businesses were open. That doesn't mean some didn't suffer though, that is true.

People nowadays are pretty much snowflakes and entitled (to clarify, i'm not saying you are), just in general, they wouldn't know what true sacrifice is. My daughter thinks true sacrifice is going without her phone for a few hours!

I'd imagine in Florida, there was even less of a "shut down" then here in Minnesota.
    Schools, restaurants, bars, stores, malls, tourists spots, most hotels and all gyms were closed, grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations and medical facilities were only places open.
    T.C. likes this.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    24735 times
    Schools, restaurants, bars, stores, malls, tourists spots, most hotels and all gyms were closed, grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations and medical facilities were only places open.
    People have no idea what is coming down in the next couple of months,some do and are prepared for it.
    T.C. likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    33906 times
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    People have no idea what is coming down in the next couple of months, some do and are prepared for it.
    Millions have been preparing for years for a national emergency. I currently have 3 months worth of 4Patriots survival food stored for wife and I and another couple months of canned food like canned meat and veggies stored, also have fair amount of beans and rice stored (wife is Filipino). Enough TP for months and I live on a lake so water is not an issue, worst case scenario I have to boil water from lake. I have enough ammo to stop the first 8,000-10,000 zombies and plenty of "sport" rifles and hand pistols.

I have family 40 min drive from us who live in the country and their 5 acre property backs up to a huge 325,000 acre wilderness preserve that can be hunted and fished on as a backup, it has lots of deer, wild hog, squirrel and lakes and ponds for fishing. I also have a veggie garden as well.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Nov 20, 2020 at 06:22 PM.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    24735 times
    Millions have been preparing for years for a national emergency. I currently have 3 months worth of 4Patriots survival food stored for wife and I and another couple months of canned food like canned meat and veggies stored, also have fair amount of beans and rice stored (wife is Filipino). Enough TP for months and I live on a lake so water is not an issue, worst case scenario I have to boil water from lake. I have enough ammo to stop the first 8,000-10,000 zombies and plenty of "sport" rifles and hand pistols.

I have family 40 min drive from us who live in the country and their 5 acre property backs up to a huge 325,000 acre wilderness preserve that can be hunted and fished on as a backup, it has lots of deer, wild hog, squirrel and lakes and ponds for fishing. I also have a veggie garden as well.

GOD Bless you and your Family brother.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links