COVID-19 Not Going Away Any Sooner
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: COVID-19 Not Going Away Any Sooner

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2014
    101 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

COVID-19 Not Going Away Any Sooner

This pandemic will be staying for, I think, a couple of more years. Most of us continued with our affairs and just shrug things off. I've seen a lot who had wonderful finds.

Are you guys hopeful for more amazing stuff next year? Or what are your thoughts about the changes that we need to get used to?
    Last edited by claypile; Nov 20, 2020 at 02:11 AM.

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    2245 times
    It's more about control. The people in control don't practice what they mandate. It's a Constitutional thing.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    32347 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I'm digging now. No one bothers me. And BTW, the 1918 pandemic petered out in about 15 months. As did the Hong Kong flu, and many others. All viruses.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Nov 18, 2020 at 06:06 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    2929 times
    Metal Detecting
    Ask china, they made it, probably worked out the cure before unleashing it on the world too.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    3078 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Do your best to protect yourself and enjoy life , relic hunting can be a solo activity and is great for clearing the mind of stress . this covid crap will pass and things will be better before too long.
    T.C., claypile, Blak bart and 2 others like this.

Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    41138 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    As long as there is Mass Testing there will me Mass Numbers.
    at least Stop Testing those without definite symptoms, The numbers will drastically drop.

No one tests everyone they can get their Hands on for Lime Disease, The Flu or the Common Cold

If they did 90% of the population would be Curling up in a Corner

These 2 are about to transfer Cooties !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130124114025114995201_53f5f060bd_z.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	1880433
    Better take them to be Tested !

Last edited by jeff of pa; Nov 18, 2020 at 07:05 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3707 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    After 10 months I now know a few that have been sick. My younger brother, two sister in-laws, two nephews and my elderly mother in-law recovering from cancer and has Lupus. All tested positive for corona, all have recovered in a few days, symptoms were sniffles, scratchy throat, bit of a headache. If I didn’t know any better I would say it sounds like a seasonal illness.

Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    41138 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    After 10 months I now know a few that have been sick. My younger brother, two sister in-laws, two nephews and my elderly mother in-law recovering from cancer and has Lupus. All tested positive for corona, all have recovered in a few days, symptoms were sniffles, scratchy throat, bit of a headache. If I didn’t know any better I would say it sounds like a seasonal illness.
    lol I'd Say, at least for the last 15 years, I almost always Have sniffles in the Mornings {& sneezing, I blame Dust],
    scratchy throat though out the day (I blame Losartan, Med for Blood Pressure] , bit of a headache occasionally {I blame TV & reading] .

I never ran to a Doctor over such Things
    T.C., fistfulladirt and Swaveab like this.

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    1329 times
    The Election is OVER! Let's move forward as the UNITED States!!

SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    10422 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by claypile View Post
    This pandemic will be staying for, I think, a couple of more years. Most of us continued our with our affairs and just shrug things off. I've seen a lot who had wonderful finds.

Are you guys hopeful for more amazing stuff next year? Or what are your thought about the changes that we need to get used to?
    Are there two topics? Covid/metal detecting. It hasn't affected my outdoor recreation. I'm retired, so the only difference is dodging people when I go out, wearing a mask, and carrying hand sanitizer with me. I'm thinking it will always be with us, but this initial pandemic will end, one to two years more. That's a personal conclusion.
    gunsil, Molewacker, dts52 and 2 others like this.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

The Bald Eagle photo...he/she posed for me, gave me it's best American look. I felt privileged to get the shot.

au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    1507 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Hi, When the restrictions came into affect , many poeple had to put their sports and leisure activities on hold , I thought that would be the right thing to do and stop metaldetecting for a while . Sorry for caring on how our hobby is viewed by others sorry for being stupid TP

au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    1507 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Hi ,I thought covid was science and that not enough was known about the subject . So do I don't have an opinion. TP

us
    Feb 2013
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Minelab Equinox 800
    1250 times
    I generally hunt alone, and in spots that are off the beaten path anyway... so it really hasn't affected me much in that respect. I will say that I don't think it's a hoax though, and take the precautions to keep myself safe. I hope the rest of you will as well. Getting sick is no fun, no matter what the cause.
    ticndig likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    10422 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tinpan View Post
    Hi, When the restrictions came into affect , many poeple had to put their sports and leisure activities on hold , I thought that would be the right thing to do and stop metaldetecting for a while . Sorry for caring on how our hobby is viewed by others sorry for being stupid TP
    When group sports were restricted, you decided to stop recreating as a show of solidarity? Solitary metal detecting endangers no one. Why would you stop? Is it like everyone shaving their head to show support for a chemo patient? If so, Good Karma to you.
    Noah_D and Swaveab like this.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

The Bald Eagle photo...he/she posed for me, gave me it's best American look. I felt privileged to get the shot.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3707 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Viruses are nothing new they’re all around us, daily, always have been. High riskers, stay home and stay safe.
    Let the rest of us move on with life. Please.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links