Anyone get tested for the kung flu ?

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super high fever along with loss of taste/smell Sat and Sun led me to get tested around noon Monday.
Was called about 5:30 same day telling me I'm positive.

I usually get a high fever with the seasonal flu but never nothing this high.
Sometimes I would take shivering fits that were very intense.

Was very close to going to hospital Monday night because of fever alone.
I'm 49 years old,average weight and condition,no medical issues except for some slight BP issues that lisinolpril keeps in check.

An extremely miserable 3 days of fever and the shits and then it started breaking up.Feel pretty good now and never had any respiratory problems or symptoms at all.

For me it seemed to take the symptoms I get with seasonal flu and amplified them.....ALOT

Last edited:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't had to so far ~ knock on wood...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Super high fever along with loss of taste/smell Sat and Sun led me to get tested around noon Monday.

I'm 49 years old,average weight and condition,no medical issues except for some slight BP issues that lisinolpril keeps in check.

An extremely miserable 3 days of fever and the shits and then it started breaking up.Feel pretty good now and never had any respiratory problems or symptoms at all.

For me it seemed to take the symptoms I get with seasonal flu and amplified them.....ALOT
How did you benefit from testing?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad your feeling better.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No test for me. I don't think I can get covid from a deserted gas station or from dirt in a field or my cats. I haven't really been anywhere for so long I forgot where to go!
Be glad you're not me! If I had said that, there'd be people standing in line to tell me where to go!

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m still confused as to why, and when one would be tested.

In my case, as per the OP, I had to get tested as a condition to go back to work after taking time off for an issue that had no signs of covid, but nonetheless I was not feeling well. So my company has a policy that if you take time off for not feeling well for any reason, then you get a test before you can come back.
Makes sense to me, and wasn't too inconvenient.
Most people likely get tested because they have symptoms, or have been around someone who has had it, or just to satisfy their curiosity if they are + or -.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife was tested a couple of weeks ago. Tested on Tuesday, results back the following Monday. Negative. That gap in time, makes the testing useless, IMO. There are quick tests coming out. If we could find out within minutes or hours, the testing would make sense, and be useful.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are tests that gives you a result within 15 minutes.

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, was tested prior to a medical procedure back in the summer. The nurse bottomed out the cotton swab in both nostrils (and didn't even have a sense of humor about it). I'll still take that test any day compared to the OTHER medical test involving a long cotton swab... (I went to college at a party school).

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Fistful...., both of my daughters have been tested multiple times as a condition of their continued employment. One is a Teacher, one is a Dentist. Both clearly benefit from being employed. The people around them also benefit from knowing they are frequently tested. As mentioned by NewAge, not everything we do is for ourselves.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m still confused as to why, and when one would be tested.
It's interesting how this works...... Not saying it was planned that way or intentional. Maybe, it's just how it worked out. If you don't get a test or wear a mask. It's not because your not worried. No, it's because "you don't care about others." I'm with you....A lot of this doesn't really make sense. Ok, I worked with a guy for a week, ride in the same truck. He thought he had it and went for a test. By then it's too late. We have all been around him, using the same tools, same trucks. Around at least 100 people that week. He had to go for a test that came back today as negative, the quick test and the more accurate test. The quick test said negative on Sat. I thought if we wore mask and washed hands we were all safe? So, if I'm wearing a mask and washing my hands? Why do I care what his test results are? I don't know what to think really. I'm in no rush for a test and I do care about the people around me. I know a few people that have had it so far. They all made it through in a few days. Only one hospitalized since he has lung cancer a pneumonia on top of it all. He was out in 3 or 4 days and home.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Not everything I do is for me,myself or I
Then why exactly did you go in for testing? You already know you have the sickness, a test at this point makes no sense at all. You should have stayed home under quarantine instead of shedding.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
[FONT=segoe ui, helvetica neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, fira sans, droid sans, sans-serif]Hmmm testing...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can be exposed and contract the virus while you are standing in line waiting to be tested, or, while you are being tested, and test negative for the virus.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You could actually be negative at the moment of testing, but pick up the virus on the way home when you stop for gas, bread and milk.

[/FONT]

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me you Have hiatal hernia symptoms, Like me.

too Many Hard Boiled Egg Yokes do it to me.
along with a FEW OTHER FOODS

I take 40 mg of pantoprazole every night & occasionally an extra or Omeprazole as a Backup when I feel I absolutely Have to eat
something I'm not suppose to and it causes the backflow.

worse Cases I get Heart Burn.

My quickest Remedy , throw up, All pain & backflow goes away immediately After

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds to me you Have hiatal hernia symptoms, Like me.

too Many Hard Boiled Egg Yokes do it to me.
along with a FEW OTHER FOODS

I take 40 mg of pantoprazole every night & occasionally an extra or Omeprazole as a Backup when I feel I absolutely Have to eat
something I'm not suppose to and it causes the backflow.

worse Cases I get Heart Burn.

My quickest Remedy , throw up, All pain & backflow goes away immediately After

:laughing7::icon_scratch::laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as for Testing No, NO & NO !

I am not a paranoid person when it comes to diseases, cooties or other things in or on human's that are invisible
to the eyes
!

I can't say what does scare me ; This is not the Political Forum !

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you are sick... why on earth would you go get tested ? ? ?

This makes no logical sense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread