Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Fistful...., both of my daughters have been tested multiple times as a condition of their continued employment. One is a Teacher, one is a Dentist. Both clearly benefit from being employed. The people around them also benefit from knowing they are frequently tested. As mentioned by NewAge, not everything we do is for ourselves.
If they show up for work and test positive, they’ve already been running around shedding virus for days so what’s the point?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant wat for an "at home" test.

They need them for all flu type viruses... IMO.

A once and done test... every year they update em... every current type of virus / flu for that season would be a pos / neg result.

Like a pregnancy test strip you suck on ... :/.... :/ ........... mmm K... I did just say that :P

Um yeah like just oral swab... results like prego test... stripe yes... no stripe no. etc.

Seems like a reactive agent to viruses should be "on the shelf" already... you would think anyway... ?

Um... even if it did not isolate one virus over another... just a pos or neg to "A virus"... bing present etc... then further testing required... via whatever.

BAH...

More coffee

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
If the virus is spread by spit and aerosolized, why is an uncomfortable nasal swab test required? A saliva test won’t work? Recent studies show little difference between both test results.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the virus is spread by spit and aerosolized, why is an uncomfortable nasal swab test required? A saliva test won’t work? Recent studies show little difference between both test results.

Agreed,.. Almost has me feeling like we are in the "stone age". heh

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I called the VA months ago for an antibody test and they don't have any tests at all.
Our local hospital has tests but they dont know how accurate they are and no idea. At $75 bucks I said just forget it. I'm pretty sure my wife and I had the kung flu back in december before anyone heard about it. Not really that important to worry about.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me you Have hiatal hernia symptoms, Like me.

too Many Hard Boiled Egg Yokes do it to me.
along with a FEW OTHER FOODS

I take 40 mg of pantoprazole every night & occasionally an extra or Omeprazole as a Backup when I feel I absolutely Have to eat
something I'm not suppose to and it causes the backflow.

worse Cases I get Heart Burn.

My quickest Remedy , throw up, All pain & backflow goes away immediately After

Before I had surgery years ago, I elevated the head of my bed with 4 x 4 blocks. It helped some...the surgery did away with ALL acid reflux. Trouble is, I can eat everything now...and I do!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll show you mine that states different

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Then again maybe that Johns Hopkins is some daft institution that's not worth their salt.

Now where do you get your 1% from? Just wondering that's all.....

CDC
Published:September 23, 2020 11:08 PM EDT
Updated:September 26, 2020 11:51 AM EDT
A CDC update Wednesday says individuals are more likely to survive the coronavirus after contracting it. The health agency says if you have the virus between the ages of 0 to 70, you have a 99% survival rate. And if you’re over 70, the survival rate is nearly 95%.

https://www.winknews.com/2020/09/23...-doctor-still-wants-to-see-precautions-taken/

"University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) said on Thursday.

In the United States, COVID-19 now kills about 0.6% of people infected with the virus, compared with around 0.9% early in the pandemic, IHME Director Dr. Christopher Murray told Reuters."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN27S39D

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF you have acid reflux...

It is due mainly to food types and the ingredients used... for example... tomato based products like pizza... one sauce can set off a reflux attack... another makers sauce... nothing.

I know you will find this hard to believe but it is true... some sauces are far more acidic than others.

So if your favorite pizza gives you heartburn... keep trying others... eventually you will even be able to taste a product that is more likely to set your heartburn off.

This applies to a lot of foods... some have ingredients OR the way they have been prepared that is in disagreement with you... perhaps more than another.

Now this only applies generically across some boards.

also "when" you eat a particular food also dictates the level of reflux.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm testing...

You can be exposed and contract the virus while you are standing in line waiting to be tested, or, while you are being tested, and test negative for the virus.

You could actually be negative at the moment of testing, but pick up the virus on the way home when you stop for gas, bread and milk.

Not in my case, I didn't stand in any line and had no direct contact with anyone.
As to the 2nd point yeah, I mentioned that in the OP, results that take days are obviously not ideal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless you are sick... why on earth would you go get tested ? ? ?

This makes no logical sense.

In my case, I had to get tested as a condition to resume employment, if I refused to get tested then I wouldn't have a job.
So that was a good enough reason for me - I started this thread to see various circumstances of how and why people get tested, I doubt if many get tested just for the hell of it, though no doubt some do it just for the peace of mind.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter was sick and had to be tested so her boyfriend and his co-workers could go back to work, because he worked with these co workers when she felt sick they were held back from work. She tested negative.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone called it the "rice rabies"....

X-Ray :
Have you ever had your tonsils out?
Part of one of mine grew back (or was not removed completely) and gets infected sometimes. Tough to swallow due to pain/swelling..

I've also heard it referred to as the "Sweet and sour Sniffles"...........

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone called it the "rice rabies"....

X-Ray :
Have you ever had your tonsils out?
Part of one of mine grew back (or was not removed completely) and gets infected sometimes. Tough to swallow due to pain/swelling..
Had my tonsils removed at 50 years old, because of irritation. One of the most painful surgeries I’ve ever had.

damian1013

Apr 1, 2019
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in contact with someone whose family member tested positive...got a call friday from work and told me to stay out for 2 weeks. Went and got tested yesterday and came back negative.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Was in contact with someone whose family member tested positive...got a call friday from work and told me to stay out for 2 weeks. Went and got tested yesterday and came back negative.
Because of the possible virus incubation period, do you have plans to be re-tested in a week?

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll NEVER get a test.......nor will I get the vaccine.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother-in-law's grandson was going to have knee surgery this summer. He had to take the China-flu test. He tested positive and was not showing any symptoms. Him and his Mom live at my brother-in-laws house with other family members. They were ALL quarantined and tested...negative...go figure.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My brother-in-law's grandson was going to have knee surgery this summer. He had to take the China-flu test. He tested positive and was not showing any symptoms. Him and his Mom live at my brother-in-laws house with other family members. They were ALL quarantined and tested...negative...go figure.
False positive?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread