Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IF you have acid reflux...

It is due mainly to food types and the ingredients used... for example... tomato based products like pizza... one sauce can set off a reflux attack... another makers sauce... nothing.

I know you will find this hard to believe but it is true... some sauces are far more acidic than others.

So if your favorite pizza gives you heartburn... keep trying others... eventually you will even be able to taste a product that is more likely to set your heartburn off.

This applies to a lot of foods... some have ingredients OR the way they have been prepared that is in disagreement with you... perhaps more than another.

Now this only applies generically across some boards.

also "when" you eat a particular food also dictates the level of reflux.

I can offer something that has mostly done away with my heartburn. Peanut oil. Cook with it, not any of the "vegetable" oils. Avoid prepared foods cooked in vegetable oil. Vegetable or palm oil on the ingredients, don't eat it. Do you eat peanut butter? There's no peanut oil in it. They squeeze out every drop of it, sell it separately, and mix in whatever vegetable or palm oil or whatever they have. I love peanut butter. Buy the stuff that says ingredients: peanuts. Or peanuts, salt. Stir it up, stick it in the fridge. Nuke it for a few when you want some.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had my tonsils removed at 50 years old, because of irritation. One of the most painful surgeries I’ve ever had.

Why have them removed?
The vast majority of people never have theirs removed and have little problems with them.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Why have them removed?
The vast majority of people never have theirs removed and have little problems with them.
Because of constant irritation/infection and always having to push out those “cottage cheese” curds back there with a q-tip, gross!

well, you asked.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember as a kid in the early/mid 70's, having tonsils removed was very common, seemed like more kids than not had it done.
Hardly hear anything about it these days.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember as a kid in the early/mid 70's, having tonsils removed was very common, seemed like more kids than not had it done.

Tonsils removed and chicken pox "parties." The trouble about having chicken pox as a kid...shingles later on in life. My wife and me both took the shot (shingles).

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tonsils removed and chicken pox "parties." The trouble about having chicken pox as a kid...shingles later on in life. My wife and me both took the shot (shingles).

My mother specifically tried to get me infected with chicken pox to get it over with, every kid that I knew had it including my sister so I don't know if I'm immune or what but I could never get it

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought I had poison ivy at 50, nope, shingles. Left small scars on my chest. Still not getting pricked.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I was a kid growing up in the 1950's and having tonsils removed was very common. Right behind that was adenoids and the appendix. I'm still intact with all of those even though the doctor tried to convince my mother to have my tonsils and adenoids out. And you're right that we hardly hear of that anymore these days.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I had chicken pox when I was 7 years old. Now I'm 74 and haven't had shingles.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was a kid growing up in the 1950's and having tonsils removed was very common. Right behind that was adenoids and the appendix. I'm still intact with all of those even though the doctor tried to convince my mother to have my tonsils and adenoids out. And you're right that we hardly hear of that anymore these days.

You are 1 step ahead of me, I never even heard of an adenoid !

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife and i went to the Dr. for our yearly physical we had a slight cough so he sent us to get the Covid test. We took it at 11 am on Tuesday morn. and got our results on Wensday before noon.We were both negative. My Dr. does not full around.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife and i went to the Dr. for our yearly physical we had a slight cough so he sent us to get the Covid test. We took it at 11 am on Tuesday morn. and got our results on Wensday before noon.We were both negative. My Dr. does not full around.
Neither does mine...he follows the money...and the instructions on his laptop...:laughing7:

Glad you were both negative

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife and I had something back in March when they said if you wanted a test you could get one but of course you couldn't. She went to the doctor and they said we don't know but could be bronchitis. Whatever, laid me out for 2 and a half days and her for about a week. They offered free testing at work but it was set up for the day shift so us night guys didn't participate, as that's when we sleep. This resulted in 18 day workers testing 'positive' and being off work for two weeks. (with pay) Only about 3 really got sick. I'm not really afraid of dying from it, but my biggest concern is my night crew is already shorthanded and we can't afford for even one to be quarantined for a couple of weeks. If there is a bright side to any of this, neither the wife and I ever quit working cause we're both 'essential', she got a pretty good raise at work, and I make twice the money I used to make thanks to this virus thing.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are 1 step ahead of me, I never even heard of an adenoid !

Adenoids are "tonsils of the nose".........enlarged adenoids, generally caused by infection, can interfere with proper breathing. Back then when a kid had his/her tonsils out many times they'd take the adenoids out at the same time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread