Relic Display Ideas

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't been finding a whole lot of incredible things recently, so as a result I haven't been posting much on here. What I have been finding is a lot of small relics and the like that aren't good enough to put into my display cases but things I still want to display (small items like harmonica reeds, brass buckles, 4 hole buttons, pocket knives, etc). I'm trying to think of ways to display these items; the best thing I can come up with is putting them in mason jars, but I'm looking for other ideas. I was wondering what kind of creative ways all you folks here on T-Net use to display your relics. All ideas welcome!

VTColonialDigger

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A shadow box grouping that evokes some kind of memory for YOU!
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my small low value relics scattered about on a bookshelf . everything worth stealing is not displayed .

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shadow boxes. Glue black velvet or felt on a piece of 1/4" stryofoam and press fit in the box. You can get pins that are shaped like big staples from companies that sell jewelry displays. Allows standing them up. I've got a shelf where I just put them in like books with labels on the edge. Pull them out to show off. Oh, the pins cost a couple bucks for a hundred.

I'm a firm believer in "Why buy something you can make or scrounge."

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just display my smaller relics in small display cases, about 16 x 12 or so. They have glass tops and are made of oak framing with red or black felt for the backdrop. Display cases bring new life to small relics.

OP
OP
VTColonialDigger

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shadow boxes. Glue black velvet or felt on a piece of 1/4" stryofoam and press fit in the box. You can get pins that are shaped like big staples from companies that sell jewelry displays. Allows standing them up. I've got a shelf where I just put them in like books with labels on the edge. Pull them out to show off. Oh, the pins cost a couple bucks for a hundred.

I'm a firm believer in "Why buy something you can make or scrounge."

Thanks for the ideas boogeyman. I also prefer making my own displays, you have given me some good ideas.

OP
OP
VTColonialDigger

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just display my smaller relics in small display cases, about 16 x 12 or so. They have glass tops and are made of oak framing with red or black felt for the backdrop. Display cases bring new life to small relics.

Thank you, Trezurehunter. I think I have seen those before, they look really good with lots of small relics in them.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

attachment.php