Ticket stubs

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a VanHalen pick from their first tour. Eddie flicked it out into the crowd. I caught it right between two fingers. I looked down like it fell on the floor so everyone around me started searching the floor while I slipped it in my pocket. It even has the string grooves where he slid it down the fretboard. That one’s a keeper.

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fat hi I saw the Stones 2x ..concert for Bangladesh..Ringo Starr and caught his sweat towel. Some newer concerts Everclear..3rd eye blind ..beach boys all before this crisis..take care
I was at the Bangladesh too! First time I was ever in NYC, got lost on the subway trying to get to the Garden, we were waaaaaay back in the peanut gallery.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
First major concert I went to was ZZ Top for their Afterburner tour. A group of us had bought out an entire row of seats on the floor of the arena about 20 rows back. The ticket I was given put me right up against the aisle for all the sound and lighting cables for a perfect view. However, since we were running a little late when we got there and we had the whole row, they just said "grab a seat" and I was all the way out at the end of the row and if you tried to move out into the aisle for a better view, the ushers were running around yelling at people to get back to their seats.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a ZZ Top concert once, early 70's .Tres Hombres I think. was festival seating. the people I was with were somewhat new friends.
concert was in Harrisburg. we we were sitting on the floor waiting for the first band to start.
there was a loud noise from the stage and everyone jumped up to our feet to push towards the staGE.
the one guy immediately cried out in pain . his knee went out. was supposedly injured in viet nam a few years before.
tried to quickly weigh the odds of running into someone from my area, with room for an extra passenger
, and just leaving. we all ended up leaving. sadly the pain went away before we even got out of Harrisburg.
but what do ya do :dontknow: so I never got to see ZZ Top that I remember :(

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fat. Going back I left a few shows out ,Mitch Ryder and the Detroit wheels ..John Sebastian and the Lovin’ Spoonful,Paul Revere and the Raiders,Carpenters and the one concert that made us stand on the chairs and dance was Rod Stewart and small Faces,when I think Ron woods was on lead guitar, Great great post well done

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff of pa. Thanks for the memories I hope someday we will be able go back to the concerts and sing along thanks for sharing

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fat this topic is definitely a great great one.It such special moments that we all spent together watching these artists that we sang along with and we all have their records ..cds..and memories,I remember the Beatles on Ed Sullivan,shortly after my uncle bought a guitar for me and I started to grow my hair long,,take care

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff of pa,,my favorite uncle was from Troop not sure I spelled it correctly as a young boy he used to take me back to his home when he visited family,,I used to climb the large large piles of coal and got in so much trouble when I returned,On the other hand back years ago my wife won front row center seats For Ringo and his band,and I enjoyed seeing Jack Bruce play his fretless bass guitar,and during breaks Ringo spoke to be several times an threw me his sweat towel,,Great memories,,take care,thanks Bill

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:Throop :thumbsup: Just pronounced " Troop "

Throop's most popular summertime event is its annual Cow Flop, organized by the Throop Booster Club. It has been a tradition in Throop since the late 1980s. The main event of the Cow Flop is the raffle involving 2,000 squares and a cow's pick as to where she will relieve herself.
laughing7.gif
the winner of the annual Flop raffle wins $5,000 :coffee2:

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff of pa ,,cow flop raffle,what a creative idea. After my uncle passed away I would drive my aunt back to visit,I recall going over the hump at moosic mtn,not sure of the spelling ,,boy that was some ride,,take care..

OP
OP
Fat

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
....my teachers pet smart machine wants me to start my own station? now or something to celebrate all the new artists Ive added to my musical library.
I say just as soon as google stops calling me from India, Ill do it!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember seeing Van Halen at the Coliseum in Ft. Wayne back in ‘84, “Jump” tour. I was attending ITT Tech at the time. Must’ve been 100 degrees inside that joint and nothing but elbows-n-aholes ten feet from the stage. Not only did I lose my job to see that show, I got hit over the head with a beer bottle...ahhhhh, the days of general admission...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Just saw Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame in Dee-troit. One helluva a show, he came out firing a fully auto machine gun into the air, (blanks of course) insane! Ticket stubs no more, they just scan your phone.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame in Dee-troit. One helluva a show, he came out firing a fully auto machine gun into the air, insane! Ticket stubs no more, they just scan your phone.
so your saying no I-phone no concert ? :(
there must be an alternative

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
so your saying no I-phone no concert ? :(
there must be an alternative
Jeff I think you can print one off at home, if you have a printer. My bro is 58, he doesn’t own a cell phone, and I know he’s not the only one. I went with my two brothers, youngest is a vet he gets tickets at a big discount.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:I would think there would be some alternative.
the entire population does not have Iphones , printers or even home computers and debit cards.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
:coffee2:I would think there would be some alternative.
the entire population does not have Iphones , printers or even home computers and debit cards.
What I didn’t care for was all the bars we hit last Saturday did not take cash, CC only. I guess I don’t get out much lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread