Jackfre

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2020
N CA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some yrs ago I was gifted a Tesoro Cibola. It has never been used. Today I pulled it out so my Grandson and I might go exploring. I have a great deal of experience installing AA batteries, but my new batteries out of two separate packs will not fit in the holder, period. Also in finding this site I also find that Tesoro itself has kinda let the smoke out of itself. Is anyone repairing these things? I guess I can get into it and solder a separate battery compartment that does fit AA batteries. What would you suggest?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post a picture of your battery holder. Also let me be the FIRST to welcome you to a very nice forum !!!

OP
OP
J

Jackfre

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2020
N CA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you that is kind of you.

Attachments

• F56D5B67-410F-403D-9947-51E84D23F626.jpeg
    F56D5B67-410F-403D-9947-51E84D23F626.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 5C708923-F8CB-44DC-B117-38DBE2AD198E.jpeg
    5C708923-F8CB-44DC-B117-38DBE2AD198E.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 37

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aha! A Black Cibola...! My Green Cibola uses 9v, but if you want to try a conversion, good luck!
I would go with what original used...that's my opinion!
Don't ruin the best machine you can find...!
Mine is my favorite of the two I use....
Tesoro isn't around anymore, but folks here in the Forum might know where to send you...!
....and, WELCOME to this great Forum....!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both a green and a black Cibola. Each one takes a single 9v battery. Be sure to remove the battery at the end of the hunting season.

OP
OP
J

Jackfre

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2020
N CA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, I found this out before looking at the subsequent threads, after my photos, with the answer, so please give me a very small droplet of credit. 9V. Oooo, this is hard. Now I will look above and thanks for the help. Flaming out as I go.....;)

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come back often to show off your finds!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack i am glad you got it fixed !!!
But this is why i had you post a picture. The ones i remember took a 9 volt also

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Jackfre! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - Looking forward to seeing you and your Grandson's finds on Today's Finds!

OP
OP
J

Jackfre

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2020
N CA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your help everyone. We will start on the property. This place shows on maps from 1860, which in CA is old. Legend has it that the house was originally the hotel, restaurant, whore house across the road from the stage coach station headed out to the ghost town, North Bloomfield, now Mallakof Diggins. Like most places, back in the day when something was done with it went out the back door and down the slope. The whole place has mass quantities of broken glass. A few years ago my grandson was my detector. Being built close to the ground at that time he would pick up all manner of stuff. He has found and old block plane body, half of a model train engine, loops and rings from harness, drift pins, screw drivers, sq nails, etc. He is nine now, taller and his output is falling so we had better get a tad more technical. Again, much obliged!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck, it's an exciting adventure

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sound like a fun place to detect. Get yourself a good pinpointer (Garrett Propointer) and a good digger and you will be set. You can do the detecting and your grandson can do the digging and pinpointing. Great fun for both.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread