How are you dealing with your anxiety?

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped watching the network news that follows the local news. I know I have to be extremely careful, but I was working myself into a "tizzy" after hearing about the dramatic increases. I have an auto immune disease and asbestos related lung problems. My doctors have taken me off my injections in order to strengthen my immune system. Some days the pain is god awful. Pabst Blue Ribbon seems to work well for me in moderation. lol

OP
OP
C

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thanks and appreciation for sharing your wonderful experiences in life. I value the insights and guidance you provide.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vagus is Latin for wandering. It's a big long nerve that goes all over the place. Think of the word "vagabond", same root. I watched a few videos yesterday and developed an interest in this subject. I don't have anxiety right now but I know I have tension. Like they say, it doesn't go away even when you sleep. Even saw something about tinnitus help. My trauma started in the womb. After that probably many other times . LOL Gonna see what works for me. Bunch of youtube videos. I speed them up (playback speed in the settings menu) to 1.25 or 1.5 to save time watching them.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Vagus is Latin for wandering. It's a big long nerve that goes all over the place. Think of the word "vagabond", same root. I watched a few videos yesterday and developed an interest in this subject. I don't have anxiety right now but I know I have tension. Like they say, it doesn't go away even when you sleep. Even saw something about tinnitus help. My trauma started in the womb. After that probably many other times . LOL Gonna see what works for me. Bunch of youtube videos. I speed them up (playback speed in the settings menu) to 1.25 or 1.5 to save time watching them.

How many traumas does one have to experience to really screw one up in the head?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask the experts. I know I got plenty, do not wish to go into the details. Nothing to do with abuse, but bad health issues before I was born. Dogged me my whole life. Sure would be nice to get over it.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ask the experts. I know I got plenty, do not wish to go into the details. Nothing to do with abuse, but bad health issues before I was born. Dogged me my whole life. Sure would be nice to get over it.

Health issues for you before you were born?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really ought to read up on it. Might learn something about yourself. Trauma is many times inherited from several generations back. People hang on to this tension. The dorsal vagus is where it resides. Years ago I've seen it in other people and somewhat surmised the same--their ancestors were persecuted. Think about the settlerwhat s that moved west. Tons of hardships. More recently the Great Depression still has penny pinchers. I can't even imagine the African-Americans went through. My case my great grandmother for everything looked albino and Native American. Skin problems plagued me, still do. As I say,the only cure will be death. My dermatologist has a real gold mine with me. LOL

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really ought to read up on it. Might learn something about yourself. Trauma is many times inherited from several generations back. People hang on to this tension. The dorsal vagus is where it resides. Years ago I've seen it in other people and somewhat surmised the same--their ancestors were persecuted. Think about the settlerwhat s that moved west. Tons of hardships. More recently the Great Depression still has penny pinchers. I can't even imagine the African-Americans went through. My case my great grandmother for everything looked albino and Native American. Skin problems plagued me, still do. As I say,the only cure will be death. My dermatologist has a real gold mine with me. LOL

Well I got problems too and IMO there are worse things out there than being a leper. Maybe try to find a bigger problem.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got problems too and IMO there are worse things out there than being a leper. Maybe try to find a bigger problem.

That's right, got to get rid of the idea that people are supposed to like you. I like the saying "What other people think of you is none of your business."

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not watch any news, I metal detect, I pet my dog, I have conversation with my wife, I see my Grandkids, I look at my display cases of finds from over the years, I read detecting magazines and good books, and of course I work. Come to think of it, I do all of those things regularly, pandemic or not ! I just won't allow it to affect me.

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Gretsch 5422 and a Peavy amp. Occasional sip of Jack Daniel's. _DSC6662.JPG

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My Wife, Kids and Doggies keep me on track. Also participating in these forums does it for me.
Add to that faith, hope and Beach Detecting!
Now it’s Miller Time! Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread