Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some full auto 30 round ,1 second groups help :) 004.JPG 005.JPG

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look folks you call it what you want, I call it torture, why between getting older, body aches, age . NO SUNSHINE, REALLY how can you not have sun for 2 weeks the dam thing is huge. Anyone got a hut I can rent, warmer climate, heck it’s getting to the point I’m settling for much less

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this past few weeks the weather is fair so I've been cutting , splitting and stacking firewood. hard work is good for the mind , if not working I'm walking the woods every day , most days around 4 miles . anyone who feels depressed, anxiety , stressed really needs to push their body to feel better . it's a proven fact that Good clean whole foods , plenty of rest and lots of exercise will do most people more good than ANY depression meds .

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look folks you call it what you want, I call it torture, why between getting older, body aches, age . NO SUNSHINE, REALLY how can you not have sun for 2 weeks the dam thing is huge. Anyone got a hut I can rent, warmer climate, heck it’s getting to the point I’m settling for much less

We just went nearly 30 days of solid rain without seeing any Sun..and
then a massive storm came through last Monday..ripping trees out of
the ground and destroying the electrical system. We were without
power from Monday night until late Sat. afternoon..definitely some
cold nights! Sun finally came out so Ma Nature could see her handywork.

In the far PNW where I live, a day without sunshine is...well, just another day.
Up here, we don't get tanned...we rust. :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Just WHAT anxiety? People getting a hold of you it sounds.

Just keep the faith!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quaaludes !
No, I deal with depression and anxiety brought on by external forces as it comes, and it comes in waves.
I play guitar, that can be somewhat therapeutic - Nothing like blazing out Eruption or Hot For Teacher on the electric or Aqualung or Hey Jude on acoustic to get lost in a little mental bubble and forget about all the terrible things going on around us. Also am into making things on CNC, can have the same effect. Spend quality time with the dog and family, and also go dumpster diving when I am bored and on the verge of depression.
Work is good for me, I've worked right through this thing, if I had to sit around all day just trying to improvise things to do I'd go nuts. Of course, metal detecting was a little release as well, not an option in the winter for many including me.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do the same as you except I have no wife to hug. Time to go hunting for one.

NNNooooooooooooo!!!!! warning1.gif

A wife? You have no idea what anxiety is until you get one of those. marriage.jpg

cat-woke-up-balls-are-gone.jpg

Cold showers help, and if you want a friend you can hug, get a dog. :icon_thumleft:

Of course I'm joking...there are some wonderful gals out there that
likely enjoy detecting, prospecting and Th'ing just as much as men do.

Ya gotta look for the good ones, but they're out there. Oh yeah, and make
damn sure you don't go judging a book by it's cover...if ya do, you're more
apt to crash-n-burn a few times before you get it right. yodasmallone.jpg

Last edited:

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I deal with my anxiety with 120 milligrams of Duloxetine.. Works pretty good.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have to laugh. What anxiety? I could give two @#$%'s less about covid. I only get stressed out for a moment or two when I contemplate moving out on my own for the first time, finding a job, paying the bills, staying single and trying to keep my head above the water with all the new taxes coming. But other than that, I'm fine. :p

klasstaffan

Feb 28, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its really crazy, my anxiety almost developed to panic attacks. What I do to control my anxiety is to skip rope at least 2000 times daily, a 1000 in the morning, and a 1000 in the evening, plus I 50 pushups daily, but not all at once, but in intervals. I have also made it a habit to read books every week.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have to laugh. What anxiety? I could give two @#$%'s less about covid. I only get stressed out for a moment or two when I contemplate moving out on my own for the first time, finding a job, paying the bills, staying single and trying to keep my head above the water with all the new taxes coming. But other than that, I'm fine. :p

Always go for the older gals. They don't need your money.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Always go for the older gals. They don't need your money.

I'm just ignoring the whole matter totally and focusing on how to leave home. I'm pretty shy and awkward around 'em anyhows, so I don't think I have to worry.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't suffer from anxiety, but I am a carrier so I tend to make loud noises, inappropriate gestures and rude comments.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I take it Quaaludes are no longer readily available ??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread