relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First and foremost is my faith and prayer that has always protected me and my loved ones and through much prayer- has brought me so many blessings in my life.
Metal detecting is certainly an anti-anxiety activity so much so that my wife calls it “ mental detecting “ when weather forbids it I’m usually messing around with my gear to make things “ just so”. Or some project
Standard home chores also relieves stress. Finally a happy home with 3 dogs including our new husky puppy, Aurora; 5 cats ( mom and her litter of 4) and my wife’s great nephews (3 and 8) that live with us much of the time. A happy home full of Love and craziness.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I turned off radio and television. Haven’t watched mainstream news for over 20 years.
No anxiety.
I wouldn’t know of current events if not for the web. My goal is to avoid even the common cold this year.
Eating well, vitamins, rest and a good nites sleep goes a long way towards that. So does a positive mental state.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It all depends on what a person defines as stress. What one person has as regular daily occurrence might just squirrel another person entirely.
I guess keeping everything in balance and respecting that balance to certain amount.
Every night when I lay my head upon the pillow-I just start to fantasize/think of going detecting-never get to dig anything as I fall asleep. :laughing7:
I'm serious about not taking it home/or to bed-my world could implode and I have it mastered where I can still fall asleep easily. (Thank you for the self bedtime stories)

When out detecting I forget about the world-and I have a don't call/text me rule(for a few hrs) as I want to forget everything-it's just about the beeps-nothing else interferes.

Not much has changed as far as the pandemic problems-we take in stride-as we live rural-and try to avoid city. When in the small urban to do the needs at the end of the trip-yes I can feel tired from the day of doing the sanitation/avoiding humans.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have stress over NOTHING,emotions DO NOT control my life,I am in control of them.

"If you do not control your emotions,someone else will". Most of the people in this world are stark raving crazy controlled by their emotions,and,they are not even consciously aware of it!

GOD Bless

Chris

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Simple...metal detecting, geocaching, gold prospecting, and hugging my wife as much as possible.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exercise and low-carb diet are known to keep you mentally healthier. Prayer can also help. Many low-carb diets on-line, but figure 4-6 weeks before they start to kick in. Also, live in the "now". "When you focus on problems, you will have more problems. When you focus on possibilities, you will have more opportunities." "Most of the things you worry about never happen." "Just remember there is someone out there that is more than happy with less than you have." If you are having an anxiety attack, go see a doctor.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have stress over NOTHING,emotions DO NOT control my life,I am in control of them.

"If you do not control your emotions,someone else will". Most of the people in this world are stark raving crazy controlled by their emotions,and,they are not even consciously aware of it!

GOD Bless

Chris
Though many think otherwise-really.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Being about 60% hermit, I live as much of a stress-free life as possible.
Still, with the world today all one needs to do is read a news page and
the stress will come, anyway.

Too cold and nasty outside to do anything (currently 34F. and raining),
so I hang out in my shop 90% of the time. Got Directv, wicked fast
internet and a nice big oak desktop I made from an unwanted oak
dining table (it was beat up pretty bad).

My cat hangs out with me most of the time, and even through
he sleeps 20 hours a day, still, I'm not completely alone.
And yes, somehow he was sound asleep and snoring in this pic.. moose.gif

2020-10-25 (3).jpg

Also, being a proper medical MJ patient, I have a small indoor garden
where I can raise my own vertigo and stress reducing herbs..

DSCF9521smaller.jpg

But yes, there are times it gets to me, too. On those days I'll sit back,
smoke a bowl or 5, and binge watch Ridiculousness. Even on the worst
days, those three clowns can make me laugh..:laughing7:

You aren't getting out of this world alive anyway.

Sound wisdom. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the pandemic is still not solved. I know some people are having anxiety. The thing is, How do you deal with your anxiety during these pandemic days? Can you share it here?

To deal with my anxiety over the C-19-

I carefully, studiously, and scientifically examined the situation and came to the correct, reasonable, and logical conclusion that a pandemic cannot be solved; much in the same way that a Zincoln can't be a Mercury although you can't tell for sure by tone alone.

Like Relicmiester said in many more words - You just have to dig the tone you get.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
gold mining ,detecting, and walking my dog.
brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread