How are you dealing with your anxiety?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: How are you dealing with your anxiety?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2014
    122 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

How are you dealing with your anxiety?

Since the pandemic is still not solved. I know some people are having anxiety. The thing is, How do you deal with your anxiety during these pandemic days? Can you share it here?
    Duckshot, cyzak and RustyGold like this.

us
    Jul 2012
    Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
    Fisher f75 Teknetics Omega 8000 (Coming soon) Minelab Equinox 800 Have owned Minela b Safari and X terra 705
    1419 times
    All -- esp.Colonial
    First and foremost is my faith and prayer that has always protected me and my loved ones and through much prayer- has brought me so many blessings in my life.
    Metal detecting is certainly an anti-anxiety activity so much so that my wife calls it “ mental detecting “ when weather forbids it I’m usually messing around with my gear to make things “ just so”. Or some project
    Standard home chores also relieves stress. Finally a happy home with 3 dogs including our new husky puppy, Aurora; 5 cats ( mom and her litter of 4) and my wife’s great nephews (3 and 8) that live with us much of the time. A happy home full of Love and craziness.
    tinpan, dts52, Duckshot and 13 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3966 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I turned off radio and television. Haven’t watched mainstream news for over 20 years.
    No anxiety.
    I wouldn’t know of current events if not for the web. My goal is to avoid even the common cold this year.
    Eating well, vitamins, rest and a good nites sleep goes a long way towards that. So does a positive mental state.

us
    Mar 2018
    Todds Point, IL
    5644 times
    Metal Detecting
    I take Ativan. My anxiety flies away. Better living through chemistry. Gary

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3966 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddsPoint View Post
    I take Ativan. My anxiety flies away. Better living through chemistry. Gary
    To each his own! Most of my senior relatives and many my age are under prescription chemical influence of one type or another.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    38121 times
    Relic Hunting
    It all depends on what a person defines as stress. What one person has as regular daily occurrence might just squirrel another person entirely.
    I guess keeping everything in balance and respecting that balance to certain amount.
    Every night when I lay my head upon the pillow-I just start to fantasize/think of going detecting-never get to dig anything as I fall asleep.
    I'm serious about not taking it home/or to bed-my world could implode and I have it mastered where I can still fall asleep easily. (Thank you for the self bedtime stories)

When out detecting I forget about the world-and I have a don't call/text me rule(for a few hrs) as I want to forget everything-it's just about the beeps-nothing else interferes.

Not much has changed as far as the pandemic problems-we take in stride-as we live rural-and try to avoid city. When in the small urban to do the needs at the end of the trip-yes I can feel tired from the day of doing the sanitation/avoiding humans.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."
    “I treat the outside world as one raw very warm wet chicken that has sitting out too long. wash and sterilize everything me touches.” — pepperj

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    25256 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    I have stress over NOTHING,emotions DO NOT control my life,I am in control of them.

"If you do not control your emotions,someone else will". Most of the people in this world are stark raving crazy controlled by their emotions,and,they are not even consciously aware of it!

GOD Bless

Chris

There is no such thing as a human being in the fallen state who can make a right decision. If you are in your center, it is given to you what to do in every situation and circumstance. This is the key that eliminates all decision-making on your part.

Your attraction to external things (people, places, and objects) is the result of having lost your proper relationship with your center. By these attractions you are trying to make up for what you lost. You are really seeking peace, but you will never find it apart from God.
    The Key
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D-RjlJ6vWw

​My Photos.....https://www.viewbug.com/member/alwayslookin

us
    Mar 2015
    Whites Coin Master, Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 A-52s 2186 Wheaties
    2523 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    Simple...metal detecting, geocaching, gold prospecting, and hugging my wife as much as possible.

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    1415 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Exercise and low-carb diet are known to keep you mentally healthier. Prayer can also help. Many low-carb diets on-line, but figure 4-6 weeks before they start to kick in. Also, live in the "now". "When you focus on problems, you will have more problems. When you focus on possibilities, you will have more opportunities." "Most of the things you worry about never happen." "Just remember there is someone out there that is more than happy with less than you have." If you are having an anxiety attack, go see a doctor.
    Last edited by signal_line; Dec 14, 2020 at 11:12 AM.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    38121 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    I have stress over NOTHING,emotions DO NOT control my life,I am in control of them.

"If you do not control your emotions,someone else will". Most of the people in this world are stark raving crazy controlled by their emotions,and,they are not even consciously aware of it!

GOD Bless

Chris
    Though many think otherwise-really.
    DizzyDigger and Rebel - KGC like this.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."
    “I treat the outside world as one raw very warm wet chicken that has sitting out too long. wash and sterilize everything me touches.” — pepperj

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    25256 times
    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    If you are having an anxiety attack, go see a doctor.
    They have a pill for everything,but,it could KILL you.

There is no such thing as a human being in the fallen state who can make a right decision. If you are in your center, it is given to you what to do in every situation and circumstance. This is the key that eliminates all decision-making on your part.

Your attraction to external things (people, places, and objects) is the result of having lost your proper relationship with your center. By these attractions you are trying to make up for what you lost. You are really seeking peace, but you will never find it apart from God.
    The Key

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    25256 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    Though many think otherwise-really.
    Emotions control their lives too.

The Key

Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    They have a pill for everything,but,it could KILL you.
    you aren't getting out of this world alive anyway.
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    7250 times
    Prospecting
    Being about 60% hermit, I live as much of a stress-free life as possible.
    Still, with the world today all one needs to do is read a news page and
    the stress will come, anyway.

Too cold and nasty outside to do anything (currently 34F. and raining),
    so I hang out in my shop 90% of the time. Got Directv, wicked fast
    internet and a nice big oak desktop I made from an unwanted oak
    dining table (it was beat up pretty bad).

My cat hangs out with me most of the time, and even through
    he sleeps 20 hours a day, still, I'm not completely alone.
    And yes, somehow he was sound asleep and snoring in this pic..Name:  moose.gif
Views: 295
Size:  1.2 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-10-25 (3).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	1886158

Also, being a proper medical MJ patient, I have a small indoor garden
    where I can raise my own vertigo and stress reducing herbs..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9521smaller.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	328.8 KB 
ID:	1886157

But yes, there are times it gets to me, too. On those days I'll sit back,
    smoke a bowl or 5, and binge watch Ridiculousness. Even on the worst
    days, those three clowns can make me laugh..

Quote Originally Posted by creskol View Post
    You aren't getting out of this world alive anyway.
    Sound wisdom.
    Last edited by DizzyDigger; Dec 14, 2020 at 09:39 AM.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    25256 times
    Quote Originally Posted by creskol View Post
    you aren't getting out of this world alive anyway.
    How sure are you about that?

The Key

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links