Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in a very small town and don,t actually go in the dumpsters,I keep a pole with a hook on the end in my truck and snag what ever is handy with it.The police are most likely to ask if I got anything.Like I said it,s a small town ,I,ve lived here all my life and I,m known by just about every one.By all means know your local laws and ask permission,I assumed that when I suggested looking in dumpsters.
Cool, but you’re not liable for any injuries, the property owner is, which was my point. Good luck.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Some town dumps have free swap shops to free up space in their landfill.

Our town had one for a while, but ended up turning it over to the local Goodwill to run. Apparently there were a number of people who would just stay there all day with their trucks so that they could get first dibs on whatever came in. My stepdaughter had taken some stuff there and some people came over to "help" her unload just so they could see what she was bringing out. People have argued both sides of this situation but in the end, because of a few people who wanted everything good for themselves, it was turned over to Goodwill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions