NeedSOme input for Mass, New England Area please

iwas1ncthr

Nov 20, 2007
Chicopee, Mass
Detector(s) used
Soon to have ML SE
Hello all,

Well this is my first post and I guess it's kinda like the others so I'll shoot to the point. I live in Holyoke MA and I have been wondering if anyone knows of any kind of gold finding in this state? I have searched with no luck and didn't know if Mass had any kind of gold history or not. I guess I am looking for the panning type but also detecting for it as well. If I recall, I think I had read that someone said there was some in Vermont and New Hampshire but I cannot recall. I myself have been into numismatics for about 15 years now and I have been on and off with the detector. However, in the next couple months I am going to be buying the Minelab...................well, I haven't decided on which one yet but it's one of the 2 top one Kelly-Co sells so I will either spend the $800+ or the $1100 + guess I'll have to keep reading to decide. On another note, I am sure many of you are familiar with the Deerfield massacre in Mass. I know that the Gold & silver has never been recovered and have had the thoughts of it possibly being on the banks of the Cn river in Deerfield. I also have heard that if one can get permission in the "historic deerfield" area, it seems to yield a great return. I know this is very spread out with the questions I have but any info will be very appreciated. I hope to get to know allot of you and enjoy a life of hunting and hopefully finding. Well, It's almost time for the turkey and I hope all have a wonderfull Thankgiving.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread