Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They surprised me in the kitchen. AND Scrubbing Bubbles came to the rescue. Most of the time they will be in their house. I will keep the kitchen dark in the evening to dissuade them from going in there. If they get out of control, I'll clip their wings.

Unless I change my mind and get them an outside pen - tomorrow. They are faster than I am. I also cannot flap my arms and fly.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chapter 1.

A Day of Insurrection: Chicken terrorists invade the kitchen sink

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They surprised me in the kitchen. AND Scrubbing Bubbles came to the rescue. Most of the time they will be in their house. I will keep the kitchen dark in the evening to dissuade them from going in there. If they get out of control, I'll clip their wings.

Unless I change my mind and get them an outside pen - tomorrow. They are faster than I am. I also cannot flap my arms and fly.

If you do any of those things, it will not be as entertaining - to us. Please think about your readers!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.......and it’s still a chicken... I’m sry just don’t like them they drive my dog crazy...I have ducks a few geese assorted peafowl.... chickens attract predators. They will sit on your cars side rear view mirror and crap right on there feet were there standing.

Little Pips just hunkers down, no fuss, nor even a mess.
ATV, walks, pickup, in my lap or riding shotgun. She seems quite comfortable with it all as it will in valve a tasty treat/meal when we stop.
20210107_063349.jpg
Smokey that's a handsome looking rooster.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E Coli is not an issue with chickens. Salmonella can be BUT, don't let them in the kitchen and wash your hands. Shopping for an outdoor pen today though. Salmonella as a rule won't get you.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
E Coli is not an issue with chickens. Salmonella can be BUT, don't let them in the kitchen and wash your hands. Shopping for an outdoor pen today though. Salmonella as a rule won't get you.
That's right Smokey a simple wash takes care of most things in life. The outside is the issue right now, the roosters look at the snow outside the open door, do a 180 and say we're good. :laughing7:

Is the outdoor pen going to have wheels so you can move them around?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a permanent house and a small chicken tractor. I have a small "cat trap" outside, a drop style I used 9 years ago to catch Smokey when he "escaped" and wouldn't come home. It's big enough to just stick outside under a shade tree with some water and let them have fresh grass.

Going to wash off entire stove top also just in case they made it over there. Large carrier is coming today. I may name the rooster "Dipstick" as he loves crowing in the morning. Although the TV is louder than he is.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey, sometimes you scare me.....

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I scare me.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been working on an outdoor pen all day aaarrrggghhh. Some assembly required. Lots actually.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could get ducks for your sink?

Last March I bought 4 ducklings from Tractor Supply to have some duck eggs. I've had chickens for several years. Those dang ducklings, all they did was poop all day and slash the crap all over my floor. When the weather got warmer, they went in a coop outside. And the poop contined. It became inchs thick and feet wide. The good part of this story is, they were all male. They are now residing in my freezer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread