"Do-Not-Call" - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: "Do-Not-Call"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2012
    836 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    Landlines...seriously? They went out with the dinosaur.
    I don't have a cell phone and my wife yells at me for out hiking without one. She says, what if I get injured. My reply is, we have a good search and rescue team.
    mikefromIllinois likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    27874 times
    Oh yeah?
    Well if history repeats itself , I'm getting a pet dinosaur!
    pa plateau hiker likes this.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    457 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    My phone doesn't cost an arm and a leg and i don't have to shell out upwards of $100/mo for service. I'm not so insecure that I need to have a phone everywhere I go.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3966 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nothing to do with150-y.o. technology, but itíll never replace the horse and buggy!

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3966 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaveab View Post
    My phone doesn't cost an arm and a leg and i don't have to shell out upwards of $100/mo for service. I'm not so insecure that I need to have a phone everywhere I go.
    I hear ya gramps!

us
    Ed

Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
    4079 times
    Metal Detecting
    I've been on the "Do Not Call" list for about 10 years now. The number of calls has gone down to almost nothing but I still get a few. Scammer calls still come in too.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    3280 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaveab View Post
    I thought the exact same thing about the cell phone . Then I moved to the country two years ago where land line is not offered unless I pay to bury 1/4 mile of cable up my driveway. So I picked up a Straight talk phone from walmart that cost $50 for the phone and 35 per month . for this I get unlimited phone , text ,caller I.D, call blocker ,text spam alert, internet , gps, clock, calculator, calendar , voice mail , camera , movie camera, email ,music , and lots more I don't use just yet . now if you went and got devices to to do all of this stuff THAT would cost an arm and a leg. I also see a benefit to having 911 access on my hip as I venture the vast multi thousand acre forest around my home. back on track to the post ,I get around 3 unknown calls per month that I simply allow to go to voice mail.
    Swaveab likes this.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    457 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ticndig View Post
    I thought the exact same thing about the cell phone . Then I moved to the country two years ago where land line is not offered unless I pay to bury 1/4 mile of cable up my driveway. So I picked up a Straight talk phone from walmart that cost $50 for the phone and 35 per month . for this I get unlimited phone , text ,caller I.D, call blocker ,text spam alert, internet , gps, clock, calculator, calendar , voice mail , camera , movie camera, email ,music , and lots more I don't use just yet . now if you went and got devices to to do all of this stuff THAT would cost an arm and a leg. I also see a benefit to having 911 access on my hip as I venture the vast multi thousand acre forest around my home. back on track to the post ,I get around 3 unknown calls per month that I simply allow to go to voice mail.
    You did the best thing for you to do as I'd have done the same thing in your situation. You still aren't paying as much as these spoiled youngsters do with their $1000 phones and $100+/mo service. I get some satisfaction when I see them taking selfies and either kill themselves or they get hurt and don't learn their lessons. Selfies aren't the only way they kill themselves either as they love to text and drive. The species is slowly weeding out throwbacks. I didn't get to be gramps by being stupid. They actually think they're smart because they pay way more for something more modern. Technology doesn't equate to them being smart.
    Last edited by Swaveab; Jan 09, 2021 at 06:09 PM.
    ticndig likes this.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    457 times
    Doing a search I found there are apps for cell users to block calls. That search also turned up stand alone devices you put between the incoming line and the phone for landlines and they have a very high capacity in the numbers of callers they can block and it's in the many thousands. Caller ID service is required.
    Last edited by Swaveab; Jan 09, 2021 at 06:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links