"Do-Not-Call"

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My phone doesn't cost an arm and a leg and i don't have to shell out upwards of $100/mo for service. I'm not so insecure that I need to have a phone everywhere I go.

I thought the exact same thing about the cell phone . Then I moved to the country two years ago where land line is not offered unless I pay to bury 1/4 mile of cable up my driveway. So I picked up a Straight talk phone from walmart that cost $50 for the phone and 35 per month . for this I get unlimited phone , text ,caller I.D, call blocker ,text spam alert, internet , gps, clock, calculator, calendar , voice mail , camera , movie camera, email ,music , and lots more I don't use just yet . now if you went and got devices to to do all of this stuff THAT would cost an arm and a leg. I also see a benefit to having 911 access on my hip as I venture the vast multi thousand acre forest around my home. back on track to the post ,I get around 3 unknown calls per month that I simply allow to go to voice mail.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought the exact same thing about the cell phone . Then I moved to the country two years ago where land line is not offered unless I pay to bury 1/4 mile of cable up my driveway. So I picked up a Straight talk phone from walmart that cost $50 for the phone and 35 per month . for this I get unlimited phone , text ,caller I.D, call blocker ,text spam alert, internet , gps, clock, calculator, calendar , voice mail , camera , movie camera, email ,music , and lots more I don't use just yet . now if you went and got devices to to do all of this stuff THAT would cost an arm and a leg. I also see a benefit to having 911 access on my hip as I venture the vast multi thousand acre forest around my home. back on track to the post ,I get around 3 unknown calls per month that I simply allow to go to voice mail.

You did the best thing for you to do as I'd have done the same thing in your situation. You still aren't paying as much as these spoiled youngsters do with their $1000 phones and $100+/mo service. I get some satisfaction when I see them taking selfies and either kill themselves or they get hurt and don't learn their lessons. Selfies aren't the only way they kill themselves either as they love to text and drive. The species is slowly weeding out throwbacks. I didn't get to be gramps by being stupid. They actually think they're smart because they pay way more for something more modern. Technology doesn't equate to them being smart.

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Doing a search I found there are apps for cell users to block calls. That search also turned up stand alone devices you put between the incoming line and the phone for landlines and they have a very high capacity in the numbers of callers they can block and it's in the many thousands. Caller ID service is required.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread