I have a new pet - actually three of them!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Bantam Rooster long ago. I was around 14 years and exploring a pipeline construction site and standing on a big concrete storm drain pipe was this Rooster. He was far from any farm and I thought maybe I can catch that Rooster. I remember it was quite a challenge and he and I were in a real game of cat and mouse all over the site, finally he headed into a place that boxed him in. I wrapped him up in my coat and put him in the garage and had some left over wire fence I whipped up a cage. I felt bad I really didn't have a place he could roam free, so I took him to a farm that was owed by the parents of the wife of my dad's youngest brother I would help on for extra cash as a hand. I remember my aunt would report on the well being of that Rooster as he lived on the farm and then years later my aunt had a sad look on her face as she had some sad news to tell me the Rooster after living many years on the farm had passed away. I have one picture of that Rooster in the cage I made. I guess he was a positive fixture on the farm and seemed to have had a great life there.

Attachments

• 20210124_054615.jpg
    20210124_054615.jpg
    799.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their worships are fine. The diapers came but the one cat thought that one hen looked mighty fine so they have been outside in a super deluxe no expenses barred chicken house with litter box and sand for that needed dust bath, electrified water heater so it never freezes, suspended feeder about the ground so they can't waste as much, a swing and three outside perches and one indoor perch and four nest boxes. Lots of fresh hay. They had strawberries for breakfast this morning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The strawberry and blueberry fed birds think I taste like doodie. But they haven't bitten me yet.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Hahaa.... Im glad you laugh and smile hard smoke, I think it’s the best way to be and I try to live that way myself. I’m watching some home made quail boxes being built on t.v. Do you have any suggestions for them?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Their worships are fine. The diapers came but the one cat thought that one hen looked mighty fine so they have been outside in a super deluxe no expenses barred chicken house with litter box and sand for that needed dust bath, electrified water heater so it never freezes, suspended feeder about the ground so they can't waste as much, a swing and three outside perches and one indoor perch and four nest boxes. Lots of fresh hay. They had strawberries for breakfast this morning.

It sounds like they have some good living quarters and a tad on spoiled side as they should all be.

Seems that I can't supply enough treats at the moment this morning they finished off a 3/4 of a Butternut squash, and small handful of clipped wheat grass, bits of apple core (minus seeds).

Every few days I make up a mixture in the food processor of squash skins, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, chia seeds, ground up egg shells, sprouts.
Seems that Pips (9mo) gets a little too peckish if I don't bring in any treats, follows me around making a fuss, and making herself be known landing a few wrist pecks. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions