Have Not Been Out For 6 Years Do Due Becoming Disabled. Finally Able To Walk A Little

DB1000

Greenie
Jan 13, 2021
Detector(s) used
DFX300, DFX, CZ20, and now the Minelab Eq 800 and bought a Simplex + for my wife!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had been detecting for over 25 years with many good finds and good times. Went to many organized hunts, meetings and belonged to 2 clubs. Caught an autoimmune as well as a neck/head injury which has made me make some huge changes. Was a fishing guide for 22 years, gave that up, sold the boat, sold the truck, played in a band etc etc. Finally after 6 years the Drs all keep telling me "you need to get out and move around if only for a little while". I tried with my DFX 300 which was just bought prior to this, but it was to heavy to swing for me. Tried my regular DFX, the CZ20 with the belt and nope, nothing worked (they are both for sale now). My wife talked to a friend of mine who I used to hunt with and he recommended the Minelab 800. Well, it is much lighter for me and I was able to get out for 1 hour the other day. She also bought me a Lesche digger that was the exact height as my walking sticks to which I use that as my walking stick now. Worked out well. Hopefully little by little I can add some time but for now even a little is great for me. Here is a pic after my first time out in 6 years with the new 800. Take care everyone. There is always someone else worse off somewhere and never give up! first finds 20121.jpg

Last edited:

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW .. What a special day! Glad you are finally able to get out and enjoy the hobby once again. Do you know what the bigger pieces might be?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear your getting out again. Looks like some nice finds.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to T-Net.

Congrats on the outing.
Ease into it , but keep swingin!

I use a wheelchair to detect. And can transfer to the ground if desired to make a recovery.
Still fun!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear that you can get out in the field again. Any other T Netters near you that you could detect with?

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yaaay!
Go for it buddy...! Have FUN...!
You are an inspiration to everybody...

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on getting to the point that you can get out and getting a detector that is light enough for you to handle! Welcome back to the hobby! Just take it easy and don't wear yourself out too fast. Look forward to reading about your future finds and progress.

OP
OP
D

DB1000

Greenie
Jan 13, 2021
Detector(s) used
DFX300, DFX, CZ20, and now the Minelab Eq 800 and bought a Simplex + for my wife!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of a spoon and a broken lead finial with a flower on it I think.

OP
OP
D

DB1000

Greenie
Jan 13, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, hope so!

OP
OP
D

DB1000

Greenie
Jan 13, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear that you can get out in the field again. Any other T Netters near you that you could detect with?
yes, I have some old friends I will be going with. Thank you.

OP
OP
D

DB1000

Greenie
Jan 13, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely love it again. Been very long time. Thanks.

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain pal.. Since this stupid disease hit me i can't do any of the things I use to do.. Glad to hear it's getting better for you..

OP
OP
D

DB1000

Greenie
Jan 13, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not getting better for sure but can’t keep doing nothing. Had to start moving again.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DB1000. Glad to hear that you are getting out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread