Any cross experts here?

whisperer

Jan 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found stone columns very far out in the wilderness. Each side of each column have various crosses carved into them as well as other images. Every cross is carved differently. Iā€™m trying to determine if different crosses are attributable to different sects, years, countries, etc.. I have done a large amount of my own research, but assume that this research has already been done by someone, and either there is a book, web site or at least someone that knows which crosses belong to who?? Any info is welcome on this search.

OP
OP
W

whisperer

Jan 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh thatā€™s interesting. I would love to find more info on that. Do you remember where that was?

OP
OP
W

whisperer

Jan 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found it!

82 pounds of Spanish gold bars found by Ron Quinn in the Tumacacori Mountains. He wrote a book about it called "Searching for Arizona's Buried Treasures".

Found it and read it. Wow. Super interesting and not stuff I had seen before. The crosses are different but the technique of hiding a cache might be the same. Very intriguing!!

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found stone columns very far out in the wilderness. Each side of each column have various crosses carved into them as well as other images. Every cross is carved differently. Iā€™m trying to determine if different crosses are attributable to different sects, years, countries, etc.. I have done a large amount of my own research, but assume that this research has already been done by someone, and either there is a book, web site or at least someone that knows which crosses belong to who?? Any info is welcome on this search.

Interesting! Some pics would help.

Chub

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Did you find them in New Mexico?

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Here are pics of the gold bars found

Attachments

• 54C4A0CF-15DF-4DBB-902E-805413D9F5D0.jpeg
    54C4A0CF-15DF-4DBB-902E-805413D9F5D0.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 1EA191E0-A3B8-491B-A2DF-9EA9559288E1.jpeg
    1EA191E0-A3B8-491B-A2DF-9EA9559288E1.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 42

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Are these the stone pillars you found?

Attachments

• D8AC1750-2868-4CEB-AB7C-D93DB0015664.jpeg
    D8AC1750-2868-4CEB-AB7C-D93DB0015664.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
W

whisperer

Jan 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are these the stone pillars you found?

Maaayybee.... šŸ˜. What can you tell me about those pillars? Iā€™ve been working on these for a few years now....

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Maaayybee.... ļ˜. What can you tell me about those pillars? Iā€™ve been working on these for a few years now....
There is a lot of info about them on the web, but.....nothing definitive about who made them or when they were made.
the best guess on the date, based upon similar symbols is around 1800ā€™s

OP
OP
W

whisperer

Jan 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot of info about them on the web, but.....nothing definitive about who made them or when they were made.
the best guess on the date, based upon similar symbols is around 1800ā€™s

I am of the opinion that they are older than that. There are several reasons that I think that because of how some of the symbols are. There are researchers that have posted info on the net saying they are KT but I donā€™t agree. I have a location on another one and have photographed both in high res but have heard a rumor that there is another one in situ. Would like to hear anything else that someone wishes to share either public or pm..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions