Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least he likes to play ball. My friend's black lab the first year they had him "ate" 3 cellphones!

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A lacrosse practice ball is pretty tough.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try aball that's made for horses. It has a handle and made of durable rubber. My german sheppard rips everything up, except this ball. It's bigger that a basketball

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a friend when i was in high school that had an overgrown rottweiler and he would fetch a bowling ball, not an absurd idea at all.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try aball that's made for horses. It has a handle and made of durable rubber. My german sheppard rips everything up, except this ball. It's bigger that a basketball

My dog loves her horse ball. It’s long gone flat, but she still plays with it.

I think she likes the fact it has a handle and is so big.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have an Airedale that goes through Himilaian Petrified Cheese chews and rawhide bones like French Fries. I found something called a "Virtually Indestructable Ball" on Chewy.com. It's 14", hard as wood, and he LOVES it. He'll chase it around with his nose to exhaustion. Even better in the snow. He goes ape when I bring it out. Best thing ever! But - we recommended it to friends and their Austrailian Shepherd couldn't care less. Seems it's not for all dogs.

It does come in a 6"

https://www.chewy.com/virtually-ind...J7fQlmEvaTLlYOi485ocPINou3q8NauBoCfMAQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try hand /racket balls. You can get a bucket (12) for less than a dog ball. Been giving them to my labs for years. Every christmas they'd each get a bucket. Oh the excitment! I mean vibrating! That being said, they're small enough to get under dressers & bookcases so everytime you move furniture you find 10 or 11.

Dog toys? I swear they're designed with a planed obsolescence of 5.5 minutes. Go to the 99 cent or toy stores and buy kid toys, cheaper & last longer. WARNING! Make sure you remove the plastic eyes if they have them. Not so much safety as it's just flat out startling to have a one eyed turd looking back at you! (Kid you not!)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are these things safe for canine consumption?

Duramax Target Ball. :dontknow:

Over 15 years with the racket balls none broken, no fuzzy jacket to worry about. A relative gave them some tennis balls that they shredded. The pieces all went through no problem. Vet said the rubber wouldn't be an issue. IF your dog eats the rubber, opt to inventory the pieces. It'll save you over $1000 doing xrays etc. Keep in mind. With the pandemic stuff going on, the vets are hurting for revenue so they'll try to tack on extras. You country folk know enough if a dog eats pieces to take care of things. Just apply a healthy dose of common sense and you can care for them.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Max GSD kills everything when it comes to toys, solid chew bones he knows through them (even though the label says they won't) Kong ball with a large rope-dead flopping piece of plastic now. Here is one item that has lasted him is the white boat fenders. He chewed the end eyelets off but the main body just collapsed and he plays with everyday now for a couple of years. Has a larger one but prefers med size toys, as the whistle balls as he puts 2 at a time in the mouth-so we need 3 when flinging them out in the field. Tennis balls are not a great choice as the fibre wears the enamel off the teeth. Raw bones are the best if cut properly not elk/deer antler sheds they sell in the pet stores. Our vet sees one on the rack or somebody buying one and she says to herself: There's another $600-800 in my pocket for the broken tooth extraction"
Rawhide: 3-5 days to pass through the dog-just read up on that one, and how it's not great for the dog.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kong ball has no rope on it .
Picture 351.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kong ball has no rope on it .

I was looking on their website at the one that was gifted to Max.
I see they don't have it listed any longer either.
If the one you posted up is solid-then it would be a keeper.
It's not the catching, its the chewing/ripping that kills off the toys. Nothing that squeaks as it brings out the prey drive button in Max and it really messes up his head for many reasons. He's a K1-K2 breed German Shepard so the mean gene has been bred lower-so they say-tell that to the ball or toy. :laughing7:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes its solid
You don`t throw a Kong Ball to your dog to catch...it will knock the dogs teeth out...just for chewing or rolling .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread