What Kind of headphones do you use

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I use a pair or Pyramid Headphones. When I bought my Tesoro Compadre, the dealer gave them to me. They seem to work fairly well. Unfortunately, they are the big bulky kind, but they have individual volume controls. Hope it helps.

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If and when I use headphones I have a set of Killer B's.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer B's are great phones. So are Black widow and Jolly Roger's. It is best if you can try them on as some of us hunters have bigger heads. LOL.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair of Whites for my 6000 pro xl, and a pair of the Grey Ghost for my Sov.

I like the big headsets myself, keeps out the outside noise and allows me to consentrate on the tones. Also easier to ignore the "what you doing" comments at the beach.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
I have the big whites set which work great except for the coiled cord. I've tried to stretch that thing every way imaginable to no avail. Its too short and the headphones nearly fall off 50% of the time I set my machine down.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used Calrads, Garrett, White's and Grey Ghost Nugget busters. Like the Nugget busters the best, but the White's and Garrett's aren't bad.
HH
Bill

detectoraddict

Aug 3, 2004
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, F-75
I use Gray Ghost NDT and haven't found any yet that beat the quality of sound and fit. Only had one break down with them about 5 years ago and the turn around was less then a week sending them in. Lifetime war is most impressive from Detector Pro!

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know a guy that uses a set of ear buds from Radio Shack on his ACE 250 that have an in-line adjustable volume control. He seems to like them.

OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
I was thinking the samething, and since you brought it up, I have a nice set of sony headphones, and a set of sony earbuds, both has the 1/8 jack, but I have the 1/4 adapter, so my conclusion is get a in-line volum controle and I have two sets to try out.

Only thig is only place I've seen and in-line volume control is on e-bay, and shipped is about $10.00, But the down side the wire on the in-line is small dia, kinda like the earbuds wire. And my headpohones has pretty good sized wire. I like the bigger gauge wire. Bul I guess it will work.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I like RAT phones with my Explorer and Grey Ghosts with my Xterra 70, so it depends on the detector with me.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i also use a pair of sony phones, no volume, but by machine does, i love the phones [medium size], ive had better full size phones, but tend to sweat to much in them, ive had some nice light weight ones that didnt hold up, i would kneel down and when i stood up the cord would be under my knee and ripe the cord from the phones. ive given up on light phones

OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
Heres the ones I like, all I need to get is a inline volume control.

Attachments

• sony headphones.jpg
    sony headphones.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 220

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys, I'm all about the wireless. Gotta have my bluetooth, otherwise I feel tied down!

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
hit radioshack,,they have a couple different ones..
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...e+control&kw=volume+control&parentPage=search

here's a koss for $9.99 "Includes a pocket/belt clip for comfortable cord positioning" sounds useful

btw..kellycochick..what bluetooth setup are you talking about? I use BT on my cell and couldn't stand
to go back to a wire..or even worse...having to hold the phone up to your ear!! :o
This ain't the 90's..lol

Attachments

• koss vc20.jpg
    koss vc20.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 213

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
right now killer bees are my favorite..and I have the whites as well... but so far I love the killer bees best

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a pair of head phones that were used in hearing test...all levels of frequencies are heard. Low deep targets.
I attribute a lot of good finds because of them...
They are a little big but they fit tight and block out other noises

If you ever come across a pair buy them.
I have had them for over ten years

OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
Well I ordered a pair last night , newer model then the pair I pictured above, Sony V250 with in-line volume control, with a good quality 1/4 jack adapter, and heavy duty cord. Cant wait to try'em out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions