Odd Question regarding superglue

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back around 1968 or so a bud got ahold of some from his mom who worked in an appliance assembly job.Went around school gluing peoples thumbs to their forefingers as a joke.He,d ask you to hold them together real tight and put a drop on there.He got a lot of yuks until one of our outside linebackers knocked the bejeesus out of him.This was the real thin stuff and would run between the finger and thumb locking them together.I used a razor blade to carefully slice the callus on my thumb to get it loose.Don,t know what they used it for where his mom worked,maybe on the motor windings or something.just the meanderings of an old fart!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you glueing coins to fix them? or to make a 2 headed coin? Gotta be more specific Goldie. I really like all the stories everyone. At the shop I used to work at the guys would epoxy a ton of coins to the sidewalk. It was fun to watch.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Several years ago while detecting the lakefront of a park in southern Michigan, I dud a deep duo of coin stuck together hard. I wasn’t able to separate them until got home. It took some doing. What I found was a Indian cent and flying eagle stuck back to back.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have used superglue gel to replace fillings that have fallen out of teeth.

the dentist that put composit filling in three of my teeth was a moron and the composit filling fell out within 4 months and the dentist wanted $250 each to replace the fillings.
i am retired and don't have the money.

funny part is the superglue fillings have lasted for 4 years and i have only had one fall out and it took me about 20 min to fix it.

NSR60

Mar 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think someone superglued a quarter under my local Coinstar machine. I can feel it every time I check, but it won't come loose.

I also find a lot of pennies stuck together. Someone's probably wondering how much trouble people will go to to separate them.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My shop is in a pretty shady part of town. Lots o “zombies” pushing carts and such around. I glued a few quarters to the sidewalk out front and sat for the show. First guy shuffles by, sees them and can’t pick them up. With out skipping a beat he pulls a hammer out of his cart and knocks em off the cement.... sun of a beech..

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I worked over 30 years from 1966 in a high tech factory. In those days, Eastman 910 was supplied to the assembly operators who were required to read safety documents on it. They said you could glue your finger to your eyeball with it.

shovelready

Apr 21, 2015
s.w.washington
Detector(s) used
tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please, just don't use it if you run out of hair spray, lol......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread