Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a Keltec P-17 22 LR 17 round clip, great sights. Her everyday carry is a S&W Ladysmith in 38 spcl.

Evil stuff right there! 17 rounds!!!

My everyday carry is the same, except no pink grips or fancy lettering.
Airweight .38

She doesn’t like the finger strength necessary for the double action.
It has something to do with bone structure and hand size.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Before discarding a pistol that does not fit , sometimes different grips can help a lot.
Handed the ladyfriend an old Charter Arms .38 for the first time and she promptly outshot me with it...
When the grips fit and help allow the pistol to hit where you point it ,you're halfway there. (!)

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before discarding a pistol that does not fit , sometimes different grips can help a lot.

Wise suggestion.

I feel a revolver is a better CCW gun due to the simplicity of it.
No safety to think about during adrenaline rush...just point and shoot.
No fine motor skills necessary. However it does place the burden of experience and skill on the shooter considering trained police would only hit 1 out of 5 shots at best (back when revolvers were the standard).

There are weapons that are easier to shoot accurately.
Compare a glock model 36 to a kimber full size. Night and day. The kimber is just more complex to carry safely.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahh. Simple suits me.
Interchangeability of diet keeps .357 and ,.38 revolvers and a Ruger 77/.357 rifle at hand.
A mini .22 revolver rides in pocket if wearing pants.
Revolvers can tolerate more abuse than they should be given. Dust and dirt and water ,snow rain and lint and hair ,l.o.l..
Do like my semi auto's and a 22/45 Ruger shoots very well for me. That fit thing again.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh. Simple suits me.
Interchangeability of diet keeps .357 and ,.38 revolvers and a Ruger 77/.357 rifle at hand.
A mini .22 revolver rides in pocket if wearing pants.
Revolvers can tolerate more abuse than they should be given. Dust and dirt and water ,snow rain and lint and hair ,l.o.l..
Do like my semi auto's and a 22/45 Ruger shoots very well for me. That fit thing again.

Actually...to diverge from my agreement somewhat...the revolvers are not as reliable or forgivable when it come to dirt/grime as they are traditionally regarded to be.
They are surprisingly easy to seize up...and more difficult to free up. There are a few torture tests I’ve watch on the internet that showed even a small amount of dirt can either prevent completion of the double action motion...or more commonly it can prevent lock up by interfering with that little spring loaded index pin at the bottom of the frame.

I was surprised and a little let down.

It’s also possible to have a shells and or primers back out due to poor reloading. This will also cause a difficult to remedy lock up. Not common, but possible.

Granted I keep ALL of my weapons cleaner than what was required to cause malfunctions and pay careful attention to my reloads.

I get the concept though. I love my revolvers.

Last edited:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under the second amendment I think the right to bear arms should only apply to what was used when the amendment was written. Musket rifles and black powder hand guns. Possession of any other type would result in a mandatory 19 year prison sustenance. This way everyone would still have the right to bare arms. How cool would that be? Not everyone likes firearms so we should also allow sabers and swords and legalize dueling. It will make the other person think twice about dishonoring you in some way.
Stop breaking the Prozac in half ; you need the entire tablet.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop breaking the Prozac in half ; you need the entire tablet.

Now that’s no way to convert someone. Trading insults back and forth is counter productive!

I’ve truthfully converted a few non believers and it wasn’t by insulting them.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm for reasonable restrictions on Firearms. More then a few people who shouldn't have easy access to them do and i'm not talking about criminals. Criminals are a different problem with a different solution. Often i see gun control debates, and the snap call is to say "but criminals don't follow the laws" as a reasoning for essentially no laws. They are not mutually exclusive and it isn't an either or choice. You can have reasonable restrictions on those who shouldn't own firearms (such as mentally ill, spousal abusers etc) and separate regulations that target criminals.

That being said, this my daily carry, Colt .45 Officers model, with a stainless barrel, solid rod, trigger, extended safety, beaver tail and some hand filed knurling, hand profiled trigger guard, some machined in slots on the front put on with ab\n old school Bridgeport (looks factory cnc'd doesn't it?!) and tightened rails (persuaded with a little pressure from literally a brass hammer), funneled feed and few other tricks.
IMG_0874[1].JPG

Last edited:

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should say she’s in her 20’s and is a hunter...shot .45 ACP, .357 mag, .38 special, 9mm

This would be CCW.

Women have unique needs per hand size and strength.

She actually is on her way to a small collection and doesn’t know it.
She also wants something for the mountains for black bears...western style would be right up her alley (and mine), but I think CCW is the focus now.

My CCW is a Sig P938 and I love it. Compact, well built, and accurate.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm for reasonable restrictions on Firearms. More then a few people who shouldn't have easy access to them do and i'm not talking about criminals. Criminals are a different problem with a different solution. Often i see gun control debates, and the snap call is to say "but criminals don't follow the laws" as a reasoning for essentially no laws. They are not mutually exclusive and it isn't an either or choice. You can have reasonable restrictions on those who shouldn't own firearms (such as mentally ill, spousal abusers etc) and separate regulations that target criminals.

That being said, this my daily carry, Colt .45 Officers model, with a stainless barrel, solid rod, trigger, extended safety, beaver tail and some hand filed knurling, hand profiled trigger guard, some machined in slots on the front put on with ab\n old school Bridgeport (looks factory cnc'd doesn't it?!) and tightened rails (persuaded with a little pressure from literally a brass hammer), funneled feed and few other tricks.
View attachment 1905083

Do you feel it’s realistic to carry that every day...like you do your house keys?
Just curious. It looks fantastic. I’m not too keen on that thing hanging out the butt. Almost looks like it belongs to a different model gun. Extra round? I’m also curious as to what the “etc.” would be beyond mentally ill and violent offenders (criminals). Off hand I cannot think of any other reasons.

I bought a glock model 36 as my first ccw. FFL that sold it to me said it was a fine looking gun and that he’d like to try it out, but if I was REALLY going to carry daily I’d need something different. He pulled a worn & shiny airweight out of his pocket. He was right.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oh yeah...? :tard:

Who determined that possessing something is criminal?

....they all sound like a bunch of grade school class nannies who arbitrarily decided that since billy ran with scissors, nobody in the class is allowed to touch scissors.

And, who decides the definition mentally ill? Maybe if you feel the obligation to legitimately defend yourself they will call you sick? Because that's what it comes down to.

Also, If society does not need armed defense, then certainly there is no reason for cops to be armed. At the same time the privilege of the cops to arm themselves is bestowed upon the cop by The People. As a human being, out of uniform so to speak, the cop has a right to be armed. Once that cop puts the badge on it is a privilege to be armed.

That is the difference between rights and privileges. Privileges can be taken away.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you feel it’s realistic to carry that every day...like you do your house keys?
Just curious. It looks fantastic. I’m not too keen on that thing hanging out the butt. Almost looks like it belongs to a different model gun. Extra round?

I bought a glock model 36 as my first ccw. FFL that sold it to me said it was a fine looking gun and that he’d like to try it out, but if I was REALLY going to carry daily I’d need something different. He pulled a worn & shiny airweight out of his pocket. He was right.

It's got some beef, thats for sure. I wouldn't call it a great concealable urban carry that's for sure, but i mostly use it when i'm out camping, hiking, hunting etc. I've had my eye on a ruger 380 lcp for some time, but i just haven't pulled the trigger yet (i'm punny).

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's got some beef, thats for sure. I wouldn't call it a great concealable urban carry that's for sure, but i mostly use it when i'm out camping, hiking, hunting etc. I've had my eye on a ruger 380 lcp for some time, but i just haven't pulled the trigger yet (i'm punny).

I was curious about that because people throw out “every day carry” kind of loosely.
Nothing wrong with that choice. The best choice is one you will truly have at hand every day like a pocket knife.
Other than that it’s all chit chat. It’s not as easy as many people think. Gotta dump the cowboy cut wranglers to make it easy on yourself.

I’m actually considering a small .380.
Not sure I can convince myself it has enough advantage over a 9mm.

The smaller they get, the more difficult it is to be reliable unless your talking revolvers.

Pistols (semi) are probably easier to conceal for females due to clothing choices. For me..I’ve slowly moved towards baggy cargo jeans with deep pockets. Keep em guessing at what’s in the pockets!

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was curious about that because people throw out “every day carry” kind of loosely.

It weighs 2lb 8oz with an extended magazine with 8+1 in it. It's fun to shoot, with the shorter barrel it really barks.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The airweight does actually disappear in your pocket.
Routinely I panic and have to pat my pocket to feel better.

The recoil and sound will have no consequence if it’s actually needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread