Plans for the NEXT Air Force ONE

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve seen pictures of Niagara falls. Doesn’t seem to be any turbines there. Huge populations on both sides.

True, but it's like a Georiga cell phone tower made up to look like a pine tree. Just smoke and mirrors.

From Wikipedia-
In 1961, when the Niagara Falls hydroelectric project went online, it was the largest hydropower facility in the Western world. Today, Niagara is still the largest electricity producer in New York state, with a generating capacity of 2.4 GW. Up to 1,420 cubic metres (380,000 US gal) of water per second is diverted from the Niagara River through conduits under the city of Niagara Falls to the Lewiston and Robert Moses power plants. Currently between 50% and 75% of the Niagara River's flow is diverted via four huge tunnels that arise far upstream from the waterfalls. The water then passes through hydroelectric turbines that supply power to nearby areas of Canada and the United States before returning to the river well past the falls.[69] When electrical demand is low, the Lewiston units can operate as pumps to transport water from the lower bay back up to the plant's reservoir, allowing this water to be used again during the daytime when electricity use peaks. During peak electrical demand, the same Lewiston pumps are reversed and become generators.[68] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara_Falls

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole power debate is much ado about much ado!

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing beats a wood fired stove for keeping the shed warm, that is unless you live in coal country.

I mean, which sounds better-

"Hold on honey while I dial up the electric baseboard heaters..."

, or-

"Just a minute sweetheart while I throw another log in the stove".

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I want to continue using oil, coal too. We could continue at current production for 200 years and will still have 1400 years of coal on hand.

And we could have stayed in the stone age and just huddle by a fire for warmth until they burned all the trees. Can you imagine the technological advance that the world will have made in 200 years? Its almost impossible. As impossible as imagining one country still using fossil fuel when the world has moved on to new ways and technology. There is a technological race going on. Those that lead the way will reap the rewards.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And we could have stayed in the stone age and just huddle by a fire for warmth until they burned all the trees. Can you imagine the technological advance that the world will have made in 200 years? Its almost impossible. As impossible as imagining one country still using fossil fuel when the world has moved on to new ways and technology. There is a technological race going on. Those that lead the way will reap the rewards.

What I can't figure out is how come they ship the power from the power plant over high tension lines with all the losses along the way from electrical resistance. If everybody burned coal in their own homes with their own little electrical plant it would eliminate losses due to electrical resistance from wiring it long distances. Besides, you can light your house off 12vDC LEDs today.

No need for 100 watts, not for lighting.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
You can’t mandate technology. It seems to me what the rest of the world is doing is trying to slow the USA down. Sure the technology is amazing but there is a learning curve.
What trees? On the Great Plains, the first peoples burnt buffalo chips. Bison have the same stomachs as cattle. Is too much burping worst than burning firewood?
I really think that all the technical advances start right here at home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread