Advice Needed

stephenbcool

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2007
I'm new to this hobby and I find the cord to my headphones always seems to be in my way. I am considering the purchase of a wireless headphone set but then thought maybe there is a downside to the wireless that I haven't considered, like electrical interference . Is there any reason that I should not purchase a wireless model? I am currently using a Garrett 500, but awaiting the arrival of White's xlt, (used Ebay purchase) if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help.

BTW - Love this website.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you should be worried about interference at all. I have never heard complaints about interference with wireless headphones affecting detectors....but even if a problem arose, you can actually change the operating frequency of the XLT. The only thing that will be a pain is replacing two sets of batteries...

-Buckleboy

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just posted in a headphone thread about how I'm all into the wireless! Honestly, there will be a little feedback, like when you're under a cell phone tower, but once you recognize the crackle sound for what it is, you'll learn to tune it out when it shows up occasionally. Otherwise, you'll LOVE them. On the beach when the surf is washing up and sounds lovely, I have a really hard time hearing the call of the beepbeep without headphones, but I hate feeling all twisted and awkward with the cord when I start to dig. So the wireless ones are the way for me! I hope you find a good pair, I know Kellyco has some because that's where I got mine. Goodluck!!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I use a coiled cord that is just long enough to reach my detector. Never gets in the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread