Lost / Pawned Class Ring

mpresley410

Feb 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago my high school class ring was supposedly pawned in the very early 90s on the east coast, possibly Philadelphia. Does anyone know how to search pawn shops or, since it has been so long, what pawn shops might do with rings they don't want? It is a 1988 Lakeview Centennial High School. Blue stone, drama masks on one side.

Thanks in advance!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pawn shops usually keep the items for 6 months to a year. If the original owner that pawned the item doesn't come back for it, it goes on the shelf for sale. Class rings and some others that really aren't saleable to the public because they were a personal item, go to the refinery to be melted. I know this, because I pawned my own class ring back in 1981 and I called the shop years later to see if there was a chance it was still there. It's just a memory now.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From being closely related to a former owner of a shop.
Knowing many in the business, your ring was a smelting product many moons ago, sorry for your loss.
Buy low-sell high.
The 3 cherry symbol of pawn stands for what?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Balfour and Jostens are pretty much who make class rings, your best bet is trying to see if you can get another made. Find out from your school who they used for class rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread