Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from what ive read tonight,sheep dont do well with fire and barbwire...note to self buy more barbwire for when the sheep stampede if needed.....i like sheep but it would be bad if they overran my place in time of panic.....

:laughing7: Ya, it wouldn't go to well in my yard either. Heck, I ran outside last night because I thought I heard someone trying to get in the back door at 2am......Well? it was the neighbors dog loose and running around, he came for a visit. :laughing7: I'm a little jumpy when it comes to my little area of the world.

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
no, the system at that time was communist
the government would not let the people starve in the cities, so they foraged outside of the city
stripped every farm including seed and every living animal leaving the people to starve
the record of all desperate governments is the same

The Constitution was intended to limit government. It has failed.
How are you going to effect a new constitution? You will be crushed.

Russia was communist, the U.S.A. is not, at least yet.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
huh?
Kanacki described an island in Indonesia, apparently they have no crazies there.
But the US has lots of entitled nuts, who controls them?
And the instant guns are given to one group there is a problem.

You are a bit brainwashed to think only 1 group has guns. If you mean giving the citizens the right to guns over the government then you missed the point of the U.S.A. entirely. What you hear from one political party and the twisted media is pure horse crap.

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OhioGoldFever,

A couple of thoughts or maybe a more than a couple of thoughts though I will post them in a couple of posts over the next couple of days instead of one lengthy post.

The dollar isn’t really taking a beating, it has been pretty much range bound for the past couple of years against the Euro, the UK pound, and other major currencies. While the Federal Reserve has tried at times to devalue the dollar in order to make U.S. goods and services more attractive for foreign purchasers they haven’t been too successful as the world wants to hold U.S. dollars because of all of our warts, our country is still pretty stable.

Last 10 years:

British pound 2 Mar 2011: 1 pound = $1.62, 2020 1 pound = today 1 pound = $1.39 UK pound normally traded around $1.50 until the past couple of years when it dropped related to Brexit, the Brexit situation is stabilizing and the pound is going back to a more normal range
Euro 2 Mar 2011: 1 Euro = $1.38, 2020 1 Euro = $1.10, today 1 Euro = $1.20 has been between $1.10 to $1.30 or so for the past 5 years
Canadian dollar 2 Mar 2011 = $1.02, 2020 Canadian dollar = .74 cents, today 1 Canadian dollar = .78 cents
Japanese Yen 2 Mar 2011 = $1 = 82 Yen, 2020, $1 = 108.2 Yen, today $1 = 106.6 Yen

Good luck with hunts. Walt. PS I hope the above posts into something that is understandable

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
OhioGoldFever,

A couple of thoughts or maybe a more than a couple of thoughts though I will post them in a couple of posts over the next couple of days instead of one lengthy post.

The dollar isn’t really taking a beating, it has been pretty much range bound for the past couple of years against the Euro, the UK pound, and other major currencies. While the Federal Reserve has tried at times to devalue the dollar in order to make U.S. goods and services more attractive for foreign purchasers they haven’t been too successful as the world wants to hold U.S. dollars because of all of our warts, our country is still pretty stable.

Last 10 years:

British pound 2 Mar 2011: 1 pound = $1.62, 2020 1 pound = today 1 pound = $1.39 UK pound normally traded around $1.50 until the past couple of years when it dropped related to Brexit, the Brexit situation is stabilizing and the pound is going back to a more normal range
Euro 2 Mar 2011: 1 Euro = $1.38, 2020 1 Euro = $1.10, today 1 Euro = $1.20 has been between $1.10 to $1.30 or so for the past 5 years
Canadian dollar 2 Mar 2011 = $1.02, 2020 Canadian dollar = .74 cents, today 1 Canadian dollar = .78 cents
Japanese Yen 2 Mar 2011 = $1 = 82 Yen, 2020, $1 = 108.2 Yen, today $1 = 106.6 Yen

Good luck with hunts. Walt. PS I hope the above posts into something that is understandable

Horsepoop. It's hyper-inflation acting on all currencies. Whether we're doing better than the rest doesn't mean much as in '29 it wasn't just the U.S. that had a crash and technically we were doing better than most back then too. I know it was stocks in '29, but it was just another form of currency that translated to dollars.

Last edited:

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Swaveab,

Hyperinflation, where. Show me one example of hyperinflation in a major Western country over the last 20 years (Venezuela doesn’t count). Granted we have lost purchasing power but over the last 20 years it has not even come close to hyperinflation rates.

The average cost of buying a new car in 1999 was $20,686; adjusted for inflation, that price today should be $31,874. However, according to Kelly Blue Book, the average cost of buying a new car in May 2019 was $37,185, 14% higher than the price when accounting for inflation. This price also doesn’t account for all of the technology change differences in a 1999 car and one made in 2019.

The median household income in 1999 was $42,000, according to the Census Bureau. The most recent year with full data available is 2018, which places household income at $63,179.

Granted, we lost purchasing power over the years but it was nowhere near hyperinflation rates.

Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday amigos

The best example of hyper inflation was Germany in the 1920's.

In 1914, before World War I, a loaf of bread in Germany cost the equivalent of 13 cents. Two years later it was 19 cents, and by 1919, after the war, that same loaf was 26 cents - doubling the prewar price in five years.But one year later a German loaf of bread cost $1.20. By mid-1922, it was $3.50. Just six months later, a loaf cost $700, and by the spring of 1923 it was $1,200.

I do not see you guys paying $1,200 a loaf just yet.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
I should add in Germany in 1923 it took the following amount of German bank notes to buy 1 US Dollar. That is Hyper inflation.

uploads%2F2016%2F7%2F26%2Fgermaninflation_13.jpg%2Ffit-in__1440x1440.jpg

While the dollar may devalue some what currency investors will flock to buy it. The US Dollar is the business currency of choice for many nations around the world. So I very much doubt other wold economies would let the USA dollar collapse because it would be cutting their own throats.

The world is a much more integrated economy than what it was in the 1920s and 1930's.

Crow

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Swaveab,

Hyperinflation, where. Show me one example of hyperinflation in a major Western country over the last 20 years (Venezuela doesn’t count). Granted we have lost purchasing power but over the last 20 years it has not even come close to hyperinflation rates.

The average cost of buying a new car in 1999 was $20,686; adjusted for inflation, that price today should be $31,874. However, according to Kelly Blue Book, the average cost of buying a new car in May 2019 was $37,185, 14% higher than the price when accounting for inflation. This price also doesn’t account for all of the technology change differences in a 1999 car and one made in 2019.

The median household income in 1999 was $42,000, according to the Census Bureau. The most recent year with full data available is 2018, which places household income at $63,179.

Granted, we lost purchasing power over the years but it was nowhere near hyperinflation rates.

Good luck with your hunts. Walt

One need not quote stats as when one goes to the store to find things up to 25% higher in many cases, especially food. Know that I've seen some foods go up 4x as much just in the last 10-15 years. You can blow your pixie dust from behind the curtain all you want, but people can see. Now it's not as bad as Germany had as Crow points out, but this is just the beginning. Feel free to rebury your heads.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's the one Item he Can't Give away :laughing9: at least not to me.
I'm only into Breaded Fish patties once a Year.
I catch my Fish in the Freezer at the Store

View attachment 1906145

I'd eat dog , cat, or horse, before fresh trout or other caught fish :unhappysmiley:
I Hate the Smell of Freshly Caught Live Fish so Much it would be impossible for me to Shake the Thought

If it smells fishy I won't touch it either-you must know that by now Jeff.

We got gifted a big bag of crab legs on AMI FL. one years by the neighbour. I dreaded the thought of getting all fishy smelling-but nothing-no smell.
When the folks drove up into their place the next day I went out to thank them and commented on he no-smell.

Well because it was fresh-when it gets old it smells fishy.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gidday amigos

The best example of hyper inflation was Germany in the 1920's.

In 1914, before World War I, a loaf of bread in Germany cost the equivalent of 13 cents. Two years later it was 19 cents, and by 1919, after the war, that same loaf was 26 cents - doubling the prewar price in five years.But one year later a German loaf of bread cost $1.20. By mid-1922, it was $3.50. Just six months later, a loaf cost $700, and by the spring of 1923 it was $1,200.

I do not see you guys paying $1,200 a loaf just yet.

Crow

And that was brought about by Germany being forced to pay restitution for WW1 that everyone knew was unrealistic and would obviously bankrupt the state and lead to ruin, don't see how that is the least instructive or comparable to anything today.
We are largely being fleeced into the ground internally.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think Crow means it's a quality of life issue. There's a big difference between living and existing. I figured that out when my parents got sick. In the end, they were just existing and no longer living. Same goes for pets I've had over the years. When they're no longer enjoying life and just existing, it's time to put them out of their misery.

I'd definitely prefer death over living on freeze dried rations and eating blocks of government cheese to survive. And If I ever become homeless, I'd prefer death over living in a cardboard box under some freeway overpass. If you look in the mirror and realize that you're just existing and no longer living, it's time to go. Just my point of view.

One must be walking a thin line in life to think this way. Really - rather die?

I guess one have never walked in the shoes of the less fortunate that one might see on a daily basis then.

From living under buildings, cars, vans, park benches, in the open.
Selling my vein juices to survive, living off the free blocks of cheese, living around a thousand other men in shelters that aren't fit for an animal.

One figures really what will the day bring-maybe one should rather - just call it quits.

But there's always the survival instincts that kick in-kick the ass back into a reality that makes most survive.

Personally I like the rural, food to survive on for many moons, a network of like minded folks that don't need the daily needs of urban folks.
When it takes 2 hrs round trip to get good food one stores up their own.

Oh the perspective of less is frightening for many it seems, but from having nothing - to having a little something it's comforting to know the nothing is really nothing to fear-just a bump in the road really.

klasstaffan

Feb 28, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stronger dollar era may be on borrowed time. A changing global landscape paired with a massive U.S. budget deficit will spark a dollar crash.

The U.S. economy has been afflicted with some significant macro imbalances for a long time, namely a very low domestic savings rate and a chronic current account deficit. The dollar is going to fall very, very sharply.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"There Are Men...Too Gentile... To Live Amongst Wolves"!

Maybe we should "Move" this thread over to a "Survivalist Thread" or "Not"...I do not want to intruded on what has been said.

Living amongst wolves has not been a difficult environment to my last 10 years having survived amongst them.

I believe most people could accommodate what I have endured.

My property has a Pack of Wolves regularly patrolling it... with a monster Alpha... more curious of me than I would ever be of him!

Timber Wolf.jpg

A few times we have met face to face on my deck...and it has always been him that has met with " Fight or Flight"!

What most people who wish to be a "Survivalists" and believe they are "One" by stocking the essential supplies and by this action they think they will be secure.

My advice is that this is only the lesser of the requirements.

I have told many that it is "Not" that men are too gentile to live amongst Wolves...but...Most men are too gentile to live amongst...Men"

Let me ask you just one scenario:

You wake up to find tied at your gate the cutest puppies with a note..."I hope you will take him as I can no longer feed".

Misu smiling.JPG

You know you have only provided for your own...you know the puppy's fate...that fate will be determined by the Alfa Wolf.

What will be your choice?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread